Jealousy or Envy?

Vaggie's POV:

Even though I have one of the most important jobs in Heavan, I still hate it here. Sure, I've made friends through it, but the job is just so tiring.

I hate it when the extermination comes around because over time, I have started to feel more sorry for the sinners down in Hell, and especially the younger ones.

Last time, I was able to spare a few, but I ended up getting caught by Lute. She let me off because we used to be girlfriends and are now best friends, but she said she wouldn't leave me off so easily next time.

But honestly, I don't really like Lute anymore. She's so obsessive over Adam like a teacher's pet. She talks so negatively about Hell, and even though she's such a rude person, she recently started dating a seraphim named Emily.

I can't really tell if what I am feeling is jealousy or envy. Because as well as I think Emily is cute, there is someone else I would much rather have as a girlfriend...

When I was chatting with the other excorcists and a question was brought up about who would you want to date, my mind immediately went to Charlie Morningstar. Sure, she's the Princess of Hell, but she just has the most beautiful eyes and wears the most elegant, scarlet red tuxedo.

She also seems so protective of her people, so maybe if Lute did leave me down in Hell, she would be protective of me? I don't know, it's probably just a fantasy that will never happen...

But anyway, because Adam doesn't really speak to me much as he favours Lute. It was only yesterday when I was drinking coffee alone that he informed me the extermination would be taking place tomorrow.

"What? It's only been a few months since the last one!" I protested.

"And what's the issue with that?!" He argued, "Anyway, it's the princess' fault we're doing this quicker than normal!"

"Charlie? What did she do wrong?" I questioned.

"Tried to persuade me to stop the exterminations and let the sinners redeem themselves!" Adam explained.

He walked off, and I just didn't know how to feel. What Charlie was preaching didn't seem wrong. It actually sounded smart, not that I'm surprised since she is a princess.

All I knew was that tomorrow was not going to be a great day for me. But, I have a feeling that one day her dreams will come true, and so will mine...

-----

Ignore the fact that pretty much every image of Vaggie in this book will be of her now rather than her angel version since we only had like a minute of seeing her backstory as an angel