The Deal

Vaggie's POV:

The next day, I was peacefully in deep sleep until I got my door kicked down by Adam. He told me to get ready for the extermination and then walked out, leaving my door laying on the floor.

I was so tired because I had stayed up all night thinking of Charlie and was even more stubborn after that. So after getting up, I downed my mug of coffee and got dressed.

When I left my room, I flew over to the gates of Heaven. Sure I was the last exorcist to get there, but that didn't bother me.

After having a speech from Adam, he ordered for us to fly down into Hell, so that's what we did. I was so exhausted, but I wouldn't let that stop me from doing my job.

Once I got down, I saw how the other exorcists had killed lots of sinners already and knew immediately I needed to catch up. So I flew down into a sketchy alleyway, stabbing sinners as I flew along.

But when I got to a dead end, I looked down to see a little boy quivering at the sight of me. I didn't want to harm him, but he couldn't tell by the angry look on my mask.

Suddenly, I heard a footsteps from behind me moving at a quick pace. Before I could turn around, the thing quickly ran past Mr and stood in front of the boy, defending him.

I took off my mask and then realised that the thing was Charlie Morningstar, although she looked different. He hair wasn't in a plait and was instead flowing behind her viciously. Her horns were now visible and she was wearing a scarlet red dress.

She looked so beautiful, but yet I was so anxious of her...

"Stay away from him!" Charlie ordered.

"Don't worry, I wasn't going to harm-" I was about to say, but then she cut in.

"And how exactly do I know that?!" She asked.

She was death staring at me so I decided to put my angelic spear on the floor and then put my hands up in the air.

"I'm not like the other excorcists!" I explained, "I hate my job much and I just... wish I could quit!"

The Princess of Hell sighed, "I wish I could quit my job too..."

"But you're a princess and you run a hotel, I thought you would have the best life!" I argued.

"I don't get taken very seriously and my boss turned the hotel into the worst place in hotel, of course I hate it!" Charlie explained, "Also, I just wish I could stop the extermination instead..."

"Same..." I muttered.

The Princess of Hell let the boy run along and then stared at my with confusion.

"Really?" She questioned.

"Yeah, I feel so guilty about killing hundreds of sinners every year and wish maybe we could stop it!" I explained.

"What do you mean 'we'?" The blonde haired demon asked, using air quotes.

"Well, I really admire you and thought maybe we could team up!" I said.

"And how exactly?" She replied.

"Well, we could make a deal where I could try and convince my fellow exorcists to stop trying to kill you all and you could try and convince your people to redeem themselves!" I explained.

"Woah woah woah!" She exclaimed, "I've made enough deals with sketchy people, what's the twist?"

"No twist, I'm telling the honest and genuine truth!" I answered.

She still looked hesitant, but she sighed and gave in.

"Alright!" She said and held her hand out to me.

I did the same and we then shook on our promise. Her hands felt so soft, but right now isn't the time to be thinking of that.

"Anyway, I'm going to head up now and we can try and plan stuff tomorrow!" I said.

"But how are you going to get back down here?" Charlie asked.

"I'll find a way!" I answered, preparing my wings.

We both waved goodbye and then flew off into the sky without the other exorcists. I snuck back up to Heaven and then flew to my bedroom, landing on my bed.

It wasn't until there that I then realised something, something bad. If I look too suspicious, then maybe one of the exorcists or even Adam might find out I'm working with the Princess of Hell and banish me down there!

But oh well, I guess at least I'll get to spend more time with Charlie...