Villain's Second Chance [TRAILER]

His arms were bound behind his back as he was forced onto his knees by two soldiers. They kept him there, each one holding a shoulder. He glared up at the woman in front of him from under his snow white bangs, his icy blue eyes holding a smoldering fury.

Have you ever heard of the Tyrant of Yatager?

"It is with pleasure that we shall say goodbye to the royals for good." The woman declared. "And we will change this nation for the better. Starting with your execution."

She raised her curved blade.

He mercilessly slaughtered his own family.

And then anyone who dared to cross him.

The crowd passionately screamed, chanting praises for that the tyrant would finally be executed. The fox ears upon his head were overrun with the cheers of his imminent demise, and his five tails laid against the ground, defeated.

He is the villain.

Why?

They cheered so fervently at the prospect of his death. Did they not understand they were better off with him as their ruler?

He knew he was hated, but it was a jarring experience to see their joyous faces as they sung his demise.

Was he...

...wrong?

And this story begins with his death.

With one clean swing his head was flying through the air.

The final thing he saw was the endlessly happy faces of the crowd.

Or at least, it should've been.

My death.

I gasped awake, clutching at my neck. I could've sworn I had just been decapitated. I looked around to a familiar room.

My room.

With shaky hands I grabbed a mirror, staring at my reflection.

At my younger self.

I should've returned to the Astral Plane.

But for some reason I've returned.

I have a second chance.

"Come at me, brother." I grinned, pointing my sword towards him. "You will find I have improved greatly since our last bout."

He scowled a displeasing look at me, carelessly twirling his sword in some pathetic display of prowess.

"I look forward to it, brother." He hissed.

This time, I won't be executed.

And I will become the king.

"You want to be king?" She sipped her drink from across the table, eyeing me with interest. "Even though you have turned your back on your own god?"

"It is my greatest ambition." I replied, taking a drink from my own cup. "To prove them all wrong."

"Hm..." She smirked, motives unreadable.

But who knew one change...

"It's been a long time since I've seen an Almakira." A voice spoke.

I finally moved, looking up to see who spoke to me. An old man wearing a conical hat smiled softly at me, scales across his arms and legs.

"You look as if you've lost all purpose." He chuckled.

...could lead to so many more?

My heart raced, my breaths shallow as I stared at the scene. An unknown force gripped my heart in a vice for a reason I didn't fully understand.

"Darling?" She whispered, looking up at me. "Why did you hide? Why did you run away from me?"

Her eyes were empty.

Her face was stained red.

It's time for a new journey this life.

I stared at the so-called "witch" I had been searching for.

"You..." I spoke. "...you're like me."

Across the five nations.

"I'm coming with you." She declared.

I huffed, glaring at her. "No."

"I said, I'm coming with you." She smiled, a dangerous aura overtaking her. A dangerous, black flame appeared in her hand. "Understood?"

...what in Yataghayar's name have I brought upon myself?

A journey that will change everything.

"Did you really think..." She chuckled. "...that you could just escape me? And frolic off with someone else?"

I tilted my hat downwards, keeping my face obscured from her view.

Even myself.

"You..." His eyes widened as he gazed upon me.

"...It's been a long time, brother." I snarled.

But why, in this life, are all of these ladies crazy?

I sighed to myself, sick of everything and everyone. Leave me in peace, for once.

I open the door to my room.

"Love me." She stood there, waiting in front of the door, for who knows how long. How did she even get in-

I closed the door.

I swear to Yataghayar I'm going to kill someone.

A story of a new life born from their death.

Of the Prince who became a Tyrant, and swore to be a King.

Of how one change creates many.

Villain's Second Chance

Coming May 11.