xxxvi

TPH

I sat in the baby's nursery, folding clothes and blankets to pass my time

I sat in the baby's nursery, folding clothes and blankets to pass my time. We still had a few months to go before she got here but I couldn't wait to get her stuff.

I already got some cute clothes so we all can match along with some plain onesies and socks, just stocking up for when the princess makes her arrival.

From the moment those lines showed up on the test I knew it was a girl. Unlike my pregnancy with Marcel, I had no morning sickness or anything which let me know from the jump.

I hummed to myself softly as I sat on the floor, organizing everything into certain bins before pushing them to the side. Fantasia was with Danielle, planning the baby shower and the kids were with her mom so I had some alone time to just nest and rest.

She called the exact moment I finished the last bin, almost as if she knew I was done with my task. I answered her facetime call and propped my phone up so she could see me as I closed off each bin.

"Hey baby, I'm on my way back. You hungry?" She asked with a smile, her eyes more focused on the baby bump than me.

"Hi pooh, and yes! I just got done folding clothes, I was about to go make something but I would really like something from Slutty Vegan instead." I said with a slight pout that made her laugh.

"I got you baby. You need me to grab anything else while I'm out?" She asked making me shake my head.

"No, I'll have everything I need when you get back." I said making her smile even bigger.

"Well let me hurry then. I'll see you in a minute, I love you."

"I love you more. Drive safe please." I said picking up my phone.

"Always baby." She said before blowing me a kiss and hanging up.

During these last few months Fantasia took on the role of being the main caregiver and it was kind of a turn on.

I don't know if it's my hormones or what but she's been Daddy a lot more lately and I'm loving it. When we talked about having a baby I expected the roles to be reversed. Her walking around, pregnant and barefoot while I was out making shit happen for us but it was the entire opposite.

She has no complaints about it, thankfully and just embraces our roles being reversed. I personally think she likes being in charge because she never lets me do anything now that I'm pregnant. I know I'm older but damn, I can still function!

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts as I put all the baby's clothes away and slowly got up from the floor. She immediately stretched within me, kicking my bladder and making me grunt.

"Stop before I pee on myself." I said thumping my stomach lightly, feeling her kick back in the same spot.

"Little girl I know you didn't just try to hit me back!" I gasped playfully as I walked out of the nursery and downstairs to wait on Tasia.

I kept poking at my stomach, laughing lightly each time the baby kicked me back in frustration until Fantasia came back with our food.

"What are you doing giggle butt?" She asked as she walked over to me, greeting me with a kiss.

"I think I'm getting on her nerves. She keeps kicking when I poke." I replied with a smile as I grabbed her free hand so she could feel.

"Somebody finally got feet and don't know how to act huh?" She said with a laugh as she leaned down, kissing my exposed belly. 

"Come on, let's go sit in the kitchen and eat." She said as she helped me up before guiding me to the kitchen.

I sat down at the middle island as she took our food out of the bag and sat next to me. We said a quick prayer for we began eating and talking lightly.

"We need to come up with a name before the baby shower." I said making her nod.

"Well this will be your first girl so do you want to pick?" She asked looking over at me. For some reason it made me emotional and I pouted hard trying not to cry.

"I do but I want us both to pick. It's not just my baby, it's our baby. I wouldn't feel right picking by myself." I said as I looked away and slightly picked at my food.

"I've named three kids already Mama. You can pick this one, I know it'll be beautiful and unique just like yours." She said as she leaned over and kissed my temple.

"Stop before I cry." I whined as I slightly pushed her away. She laughed before pulling back and rubbing my stomach gently.

"Finish your food baby. I want to take you somewhere." She said making me nod as I started eating again. We were both done with thirty minutes and she sent me upstairs to get dressed so we could leave.

I decided to where a white, off the shoulder dress. I left my hair down and curly and put on some cute sandals before grabbing my phone and purse and heading back downstairs.

When Tasia saw me her smile grew bigger than ever. Her eyes were full of love and admiration, making me feel shy under her gaze.

"Do I look okay?" I said as I smoothed out my dress.

"You look perfect baby. Come on, let's go." She said as she walked over and grabbed my hand.

Soon we were walking out of the house and getting in the car.

"Can I know where we're going?" I asked as I buckled up.

"Just an impromptu date baby. I promise you'll love it." She answered as she started the car.

"Okay, well I'm taking a nap. Wake me up when we get there." I said as I leaned my seat back slightly to get comfortable. She laughed and nodded before rubbing my stomach slowly.

I drifted off to sleep soon after she started driving, the radio and her rubbing my stomach lulling me to sleep almost instantly.

quick update cause i
got woken up to do a
damn breathing treatment

hate it here