Chapter 9

After wrapping up her tasks for the day, Jenna let out a satisfied sigh and stretched her arms above her head, feeling the tension release from her shoulders.

"Finally," she muttered to herself, her exhaustion giving way to a sense of accomplishment.

As she settled back into her chair, Jenna's phone chimed with a notification. A smile tugged at her lips when she saw the sender's name-Emma.

With a quick clearing of her throat to conceal her excitement, Jenna tapped on the message.

"I'm downstairs waiting, Detective," read Emma's text.

Jenna's smirk widened as she read the message. She grabbed her coat and hurriedly made her way outside, her heart skipping a beat with anticipation.

Stepping onto the sidewalk, the cool evening air refreshed her, heightening her senses as she moved toward where Emma awaited.

Arriving downstairs, Jenna's gaze fell upon Emma, who stood by her car.

Emma's attire caught Jenna's attention-a stylish ensemble featuring a button-up long-sleeve shirt, tie, and vest, paired with office pants and sleek black shoes.

---------

Visual Outfit Look:

--------

Jenna couldn't help but notice how attractive Emma looked, her appearance both professional and captivating.

"Hey, Emma," Jenna greeted as she approached, her voice tinged with a mix of excitement and nerves.

Emma glanced up from her phone, her rose gold glasses adding to her sophisticated demeanor. She waved warmly at Jenna, a bright smile illuminating her face.

"Hey, Detective." Emma says seductfully as she stands up casually.

"You look... attractive," Jenna admitted, her cheeks warming slightly.

Emma chuckled, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Thanks. You look sexy," she replied, her gaze lingering on Jenna's outfit-a short skirt paired with a white long-sleeve shirt. "I hope the outfit was for me." Emma says, with a seductive wink.

Jenna felt a surge of flustered excitement at Emma's compliment. They exchanged playful banter as they approached the car, the air buzzing with a mix of anticipation and curiosity.

Once inside the car, Emma's charisma filled the space, her voice smooth and teasing as she engaged Jenna in conversation.

"So, Detective, any new developments on my case? Do you need to know more about me..or.." Emma asked with a smirk, her eyes twinkling behind her glasses.

Jenna chuckled, feeling a rush of energy in Emma's presence. "You'll find out soon enough," she replied coyly, enjoying the playful exchange.

As Emma navigated the streets toward the forest, their conversation flowed effortlessly.