swore that you loved me but where were the clues?

instagram story  ━━ theodavis
(now ) 12 : 35 pm

          Rory closed her phone with a sigh, it hadn't even been two days and Theo was already posting his new girl

          Rory closed her phone with a sigh, it hadn't even been two days and Theo was already posting his new girl. It was slowly driving her insane, rethinking all the times where he told her he loved her, but Rory always wondered where the clues were. She waited for the proof throughout their relationship, hoping and praying that one day Theo would actually just show her he truely did love her. She was slowly dying on the untouched shelf in the back of his mind waiting for the proof. He never did of course, and Rory just fell for his lies with her gullible soul.

It would have been a complete lie if Rory Campbell told anyone she was okay, because in reality she wasn't. And any person could tell that Rory wasn't fine, they'd be able to see straight through the mask hiding her true emotions. Her friends knew that she was acting more lively and energetic just so she could be deemed as completely fine, and they knew that whenever they'd start a conversation on whether or not she was okay Rory would change the topic in the split of a second.

The only way she felt as if she could express how she felt was through writing. The blonde spent most of her days writing out new lyrics and songs, destracting her mind from the endless thoughts occuring. Rory would spend most nights with her tear stained note book filled with her honest thoughts spilled sitting infront of her, her fingers bruised from the hours spent on holding and switching pens. 

The blondes mind was spinning a thousand miles per hour, thinking about what she didn't have that could make Theo cheat on her again. Rory tried so hard to be enough for him, but in the end nothing was enough. No matter how much she died her hair or acted certain ways, her love and care was never reciprocated back.

It hurt her more after figuring out he was talking to the girl for three months before hand. Nothing Rory had done, she thought, could explain his actions. For the first time in her life, the blonde didn't know how to find an excuse.

Rory knew he wasn't a good person, she knew of all his faults and mistakes but she always had hope in him becoming a better person. As Rory thought everyone can become better, anyone can have a development of character so she'd always find excuses to explain peoples poor behaviour.

There was a small part in Rory whishing that Theo would come back, and she'd forgive again. Not out of love, but really his attention was all she had ever known. She felt worthless without it even though it only hurt her in the long term. She was attatched to him by a piece of thread, one that wouldn't snap no matter how hard Rory tried to escape him in her mind.

It had only been two days since the party, and only a day since Inhaler left for London. Elijah had unapologetically been checking in on Rory every few hours, no matter how many times the blonde claimed she was doing alright he'd still take the time out of his day and message her. He could see right through the mask plastered onto her face, he knew she was hurting inside yet didn't want to admit it. Eli wanted Rory to feel comfortable and safe with him, he wanted her to feel as if she could tell him anything as he felt towards her.