02 - First Sparks of the Unseen

First Sparks of the Unseen

INT. MILO'S BEDROOM - MORNING

As the morning light filters softly through the curtains, casting a gentle glow across the room, Milo lies sprawled across his bed in a tangle of sheets. The room around him is a study in orderliness, each book and gadget meticulously arranged, every surface polished to a shine. Despite this precision, his bed remains a stark island of chaos, with blankets askew and pillows haphazardly strewn. His exhausted body needed much sleep, so he woke up a little later than usual. 

The sharp sound of keyboard clicks slices through the tranquility, abruptly rousing Milo from his slumber. He blinks against the brightness, his eyes slowly focusing. To his surprise, he finds Rina perched at his desk, his laptop wide open. 

His Laptop, which he realized contained a collection, his secret stash, hidden deep within digital folders—a private trove meant only for his eyes. He closed his eyes again connecting two and two he quickly snapped to his senses. Reaches for his laptop. 

MILO
(in a panic, but pretends to be nonchalant)
What are you doing?

RINA
(pouting)
Hey, I was playing that.

MILO
(snatching the laptop back) 
I told you not to come here. Who even let you in? 

RINA

(Swivels on the chair)Your mom said to wake you up because breakfast is almost ready.

MILO
(exasperated at Rina's lack of awareness)
I get it already, I'll go down.

RINA
(frustrated by the cold treatment) 
You're not mad about yesterday, are you? That's not fair; you play pranks on me all the time. You shouldn't get angry over a silly prank.

Milo watches so casually lying on his bed like it's hers, his irritation brewing not just from the invasion of his private space but from the confusing flush of emotions her proximity provokes. His cheeks redden—not from anger but from these bewildering emotions that he's too vexed to examine closely. He notices how unguarded she looks, how her presence somehow makes his room feel less structured, more lived-in. It irritates him somehow. 

MILO
(half-joking, half-serious)
How many times have I told you not to lie on my bed?  

RINA
(mock offended)Why?
I just showered so I'm clean! You're such a neat freak.

Her naïveté fills his head with a blend of exasperation and a desperate need to restore order—both around him and inside him. Milo acts swiftly, grabbing the edge of the blanket and wrapping Rina quickly into a snug burrito form. His movements reflect his inner conflict and embarrassment. Without a word, he lifts her from the bed and places her gently yet firmly into his desk chair, rolling her away to distance her from his personal space.

MILO
(pointing to the door)
Get out.

RINA
(hesitant)
No wait, I have something to ask you...

MILO
(sighs, exasperated)
What?