Chapter 19

Hannah

« He loved her and she killed herself , that's so sad . » Paget whines as we walk to the car waiting us at the entrance of the cinema , again Iker and I exchange a look charged with frustration .

« It was just a movie , Paget . » He says as he signs for us to get inside , being a gentleman is not his strong trait but lately it became his usual . Even Paget quit teasing him about it since we got used it .

« But some of these things happen in real life too . » She says as she settles on the seat next to mine while Iker sits in front of us , wearing a heavy fury black coat to shield him from the coldness of the wind.

It's been snowing lately again , but not as badly as during the snow storm . Paget and Iker say it's unlikely to have another snowstorm again in the middle of January .

Too bad , if only I could be stuck with him again , I would make good use of it this time .

I bite my bottom lip fighting my evil thoughts and a grin at the same time .

I can't help it though , Kane is like a sweet candy that never melts . I can never get tired of him , I can't even remember why I hated him ?

He's so ... complementary . Talking to him is unlike talking to anyone else . He's got a good sense of humor that I am trying to match and very beautiful philosophical thoughts . I still got him nothing for his birthday though . I still don't know what precisely would he like and I have never been an expert in celebrating birthdays , I don't even celebrate mine .

« Hannah , you're blushing . » Paget says and I notice I zoned out quite a bit .

I regain my composure fast enough , adjusting the beanie on my head . « Really ? It's probably the cold weather . »

I don't know why she looks at me suspiciously but I ignore it .

My secret relationship with Kane is secure , we have been indeed extremely careful .

Not always though .

But let's say so far we're lucky and the universe is on our side . Hopefully it stays this way .

When we arrive , we get out of the car and say goodbye to Iker letting him drive away with his men to his home . He's been staring at me weirdly but I ignored it too .

A woman is standing by Paget's house's gates , once my friend sees her she goes pale . She turns towards me , pulling me into a fast embrace startling me . « I'll see you tomorrow , Hannah . »

She walks away towards the woman .

She is wearing a leather brown coat and boots with a beautiful black bundle in hands . She watches Paget carefully before the later grabs her arm and drags her inside .

My feet push me to follow them before the men close the gates , they let me in since they know who I am from the many times I came here to study with Paget or simply hang out especially when mom is not home . She's not home this week too , busy with work and meetings and parties with billionaires and business partners .

Paget is oblivious to my presence as she pulls that poor woman to a corner nearby , I squat down near the bushes and try to see what's going on .

My first guess is : Iker's sister .

But then how come Paget knows her and he doesn't ?

That conversation from Miss Lambert's birthday is still replaying in my mind whenever I see Iker . I feel guilty for talking to him and hanging out with him , yet hiding such a big bomb that would definitely leave an impact on him . Someone needs to tell him , and his older brothers . It's not fair for their sister or them .