Chapter 37: Abhimanyu's new side

4000+ words

4000+ words

A small thing before we start with the chapter. Shivani has her own past which Abhi and we all have to still find. So Keep this in mind while reading the chapter.

Happy reading!!

Shivi's pov:

The sun rays streaming through the window disturbed my sleep, forcing me awake. As I sat up, a sharp pain shot through my head, making me clutch it in agony. My head was throbbing as if it would explode. But why? I frowned.

Although I had just woken up, my body felt exhausted, as if I had run a marathon. With a puzzled expression, I forced myself to remember what had happened yesterday.

I recalled slapping Shelly... then the argument with Abhi, after which I stormed out of the hospital... then the inner turmoil that followed. Wandering aimlessly, I stumbled upon a bar and went in, as Rakshit's words echoing in my mind: "Bhabhi, drinking reduces pain and sadness." I remembered him saying that when I had questioned how anyone could drink something that tasted so horrible.

"You're really stupid, Shivi. What were you thinking, going to a bar alone?" I scolded myself as scenes from bad movies flashed through my mind. "It won't happen again. Yesterday, I was too heartbroken to think straight," I mumbled to myself.

"Which heartbreak? The one you caused yourself?" a mocking voice in my head taunted. I ignored it, knowing it was right.

I rubbed my palms and placed them over my sleepy eyes. It was then I realized I wasn't in my room, nor at the hospital, not even at the bar. Where was I? And who brought me here?

My body tensed as I took in my surroundings. The room was large, with a big window next to the king-size bed I was sitting on. The white walls made the space look even more expansive. There was a small sofa across from me. In short, the room screamed luxury.

"Am I kidnapped like in the movies and novels where heroines find themselves in such situations?" I asked no one in particular, then chuckled sadly at myself. "But I'm not a heroine, nor is this a movie or novel. It's my life, which is pretty messed up."

As soon as I finished speaking, I heard someone and instantly sat up, my body on high alert. "But you are my heroine, and I am both your villain and your hero who has kidnapped you."

"You?" I said, shocked. When I left the hospital yesterday, I thought I would never see him again, but here he was, a smirk playing on his lips.

There stood Abhi, looking a mess yet still charming.

"Yes, me. Your HUSBAND," he emphasized the word husband, and butterflies erupted in my stomach.

"Who do you think people call when they find someone's wife completely wasted and all alone? Of course their husband." he said, walking towards me, his voice stern, and I gulped. Was he worried about me?