Jehan: Gamine

The meeting had just finished and Les Amis were all gathered around talking and drinking. Gavroche was seated between Courfeyrac and Grantaire, though he wasn't paying attention to what anyone was saying. He was trying to work up the courage to ask one of Les Amis for help. Finally, he took breath and walked round the table to Jehan.

"Monsieur?" he said quietly and the romantic turned to look at the boy.

"Gavroche!" he smiled, "What can I do for you mon ami?"

"I was wondering if you could help me with something?" the gamin asked.

"Of course, what is it?" Jehan said. Gavroche leaned up and whispered in his ear. Jehan smiled widely and nodded.

"Come, let's sit over here where we can work without being disturbed," Jehan said, standing up and leaned Gavroche over to another table. They sat there for an hour before the boys all decided to head home.

"Will you be alright tonight? It's very cold out," Courfeyrac asked Gavroche.

"I'll be fine," the boy nodded.

"Alright, but if you get too cold make sure to come to one of us," Joly said, "Don't need you getting sick again." Gavroche smiled and nodded, thanking Jehan again before running.

"What did you help him with?" Courfeyrac questioned.

"Ah mon ami, that is for me to know and you to find out," Jehan said with a smile.

A few days later found Les Amis walking down the streets of Paris towards the Café Musain. Gavroche had his hands wrapped around Courfeyrac's shoulders as the student carried him on his back. They were all talking and laughing happily when Gavroche saw someone he knew down the street.

"Wait! Courfeyrac put me down!" he said and older man complied. Gavroche immediately ran down the street, Les Amis watching in confusion. The only one who ad figured out what the young gamin was up to was Jehan.

"Bonjour Annabelle!" Gavroche said happily, running up to one of the street girls he knew.

"Hi Gavroche!" she replied, turning around and smiling at him, "What are you doing here? I thought you're normally with those older boys who have those rallies in the street?"

"Yeah, they're over there," Gavroche said, gesturing to where Les Amis stood, "But I wanted to give you something." He dug around in his pocket until he pulled out a piece of paper.

"Here," he said, holding it out to her. She opened it and read what was on the inside.

Roses are red,

My flag is too.

I'm no good at writing,

But I wrote this just for you.

- Gavroche

P.S. I think you're really pretty

"One of the boys helped me write it," he said, shuffling his feet and biting his lip, "I know it's not very good, but – "He was cut off when she kissed him on the cheek.

"Merci Gavroche!" she said, smiling.

"Annabelle come on!" one of her friends called.

"I have to go, bye Gavroche!" she ran off and he smiled.

"Bye," he waved slightly and then turned and walked back to his friends.

"Look at that," Grantaire said, "Out little Gavroche has grown up." They all laughed and started walking to the café again.

"Merci Jehan," he said, smiling widely at the student.

"You're very welcome Gavroche."

So that's it, the last chapter until I finish the book. Hope you guys liked it and let me know what you thought! Thanks for reading!