Birthday Cake

A/n This is NOT a one shot. This is a glimpse at a book that I am going to start writing. If you want to know the premise of the book you can read this. This will not contain any spoilers in it.

Micheal Clifford scared me to death. He was tall and strong and I felt weakened just by his presence. He was the school's baddest boy and everyone knew it. I was just his lowly punching bag.

I was tall also, but not in a good way. I was very thin and lacked in muscle. I may tower over many people, but most ignored this and pushed me out of the way anyway. I was pretty invisible when it came to the social game. Most ignored me because I was looked at as weird. I was looked at as different. Not many knew it for certain, but I was gay. Many teased me because they assumed it to be true, but nobody bullied me like Micheal.

Today was the worst day of the week, Monday. It horrible for most, but the worst for me. I had all week to try to avoid Micheal.

I was dropped off at school by my mom every morning considering I had no car. Today as my mom pulled up to the school, I frantically searched for Micheal as he often waited outside the building for me before school started. I spotted him immediately and started to panic. I said goodbye to my clueless mom and left the car only to be greeted with Micheal.

"Hey Giraffe Hemmings," Micheal said, a cocky smile on his face.

I looked away from Micheal pretending he wasn't there. I started walking toward the front of the school completely ignoring Micheal as he tried to approach me. Micheal sauntered up to me with a smirk on his face. He stood directly in front of me, blocking me from the front of the school.

"I thought maybe you didn't hear me the first time Hemmings," Micheal remarked.

"Screw off, " I said to Micheal hopelessly trying to get him to leave.

"Ooh, little lukey is too gay to swear now," Micheal taunted giving me a little shove.

"Stop," I said fed up. I was preparing to get a beat down from Micheal as this was what usually happened.

************************************

I have a crush on Calum Hood. I feel horrible admitting it. Calum is just tall and built and the hottest guy in the school. He was on the football team, which often motivated me to go to the games to watch him play. The problem was though, that I often saw Calum hanging with girls, or I overheard rumors of Calum and his girlfriend. It saddened me to know that so many girls had a crush on the boy I liked.

After, I got a proper beating from Micheal this morning, I I rushed into the school. I attempted to keep my head up and pretend I was okay when in reality my stomach and chest was bruised and I felt like throwing up. I was speeding down the halls trying to get to my first class on time. Micheal had nearly made me late. He held me down and beat me until the warning bell giving me little time to get to class.

As I hurried towards my class I bumped into somebody. My books fell from my hands and onto the floor. As I reached down to pick up my books, I started to mutter sorry looking up at who I bumped into. Calum's eyes met mine and I tried my hardest not to blush. He slowly bent down helping retrieve my books for me.

************************************

That was the first time Calum and I interacted, but it definitely wasn't the last. A lot happened between that moment in the hallway and where we are today. Micheal has always been a threat to me, but as of late I felt safer than I have ever been. This was thanks to Calum. We were closer than ever.

A/n I hope you like this. As I said this is going to be turned into a full length book. This is just a teaser for the book and the basic idea of it. If you enjoyed it, the full length book should be coming out in a few days.