Chapter 20

I could feel us both panting heavily as we stared at each other.

"Is this okay?" He mumbled, going back to kiss me.

"Yes," I replied, an edge of confusion to my voice, but I didn't really care, I was too caught up in the moment.

"I just don't want to rush you into any new experiences." He said, gently kissing my neck where his mark was.

It was hard to concentrate when he did that, but I caught onto his words quickly.

I stopped him then, "What are you talking about?"

He gave me a slight smile, I could almost tell from the look he gave me that he thought I was a virgin.

"Your innocence." He replied.

There it was.

"Axel." I sighed, "i'm not a virgin."

He froze then, "What?" He asked in disbelief.

I could see in his eyes that he desperately wanted for that not to be true.

His hands tightened around my waist, unconsciously bringing me closer as his jealously got the better of him.

"I said I'm not a-"

He cut me off, "I heard what you said," He replied, his breathing suddenly laboured.

He was staring me in the eyes so I noticed his irises getting darker.

"What? Because you're all so innocent?" I scoffed.

He gave me an unreadable look, "Yes." He said, his teeth clenched together.

"Give me a break Axel, I'm not stupid. I saw those girls you used to bring back with you all those years ago." The images themselves, seeing him coming back with them, gave me the urge to vomit, but I would hold my pride and act as though that wasn't my reaction.

"You saw that?" He winced.

"Yes." I said, my tone suggesting it was obvious.

"I am well aware of the amount of girls you slept with before we were mates, Axel." I told him, "Would you want to feel like their mates when they found out she had slept with an alpha?"

"I wouldn't care." he said, his lips then pressed firmly together. I could tell that he was lying.

"Those poor mates, I bet the girls will never tell them that it's better with an alpha." I shook my head in mock sympathy.

"What? How do you know that?" He growled.

I smirked at him, "I've had my taste of an alpha."

His hands tightened further around me, "Which one?" he growled.

"More like which ones." I laughed with a patronising tone.

He growled at my words.

"Let's see," I began when he didn't reply, "I'm the only unmated female alpha, and apparently that is very high in demand."

"Was." he corrected.

"Alright," I said, "I was the only unmated female alpha."

"How many?" He asked in a low voice, verging on a growl.

"Pretty much as many as you can think of." I laughed, I then leaned closer to his ear and whispered, "I've been told it's better with a female alpha."

This time when I leaned back, I saw his eyes were impossibly darker, but this time there was an edge of lust in them, which somehow captured me for a few seconds, before I blinked and looked away.