Chapter 1: You Must Be My Roommate

A/N: Image above is of Blake Lively who portrays Anita

Welcome to my new story!

In case you guys didn't know. I am Australian. So I apologise in advance if I screw up the inner workings of college life in the United States.

It was official. It was the end of summer. And that meant it was time to start college. The knotty haired Natalie grabbed a box from out of her dad's olive coloured sedan. She looked up at her new home. The University of Chicago dorm rooms.

There were people everywhere. Each pinned with a different facial expression. Some were grinning, others had their eyes darting, but most, including Natalie, were nervous.

The brunette exhaled. She had to put a lid on her nerves. She wanted college to be a different experience from high school and this was where it was going to start.

Natalie turned her back on the tall, brick building and back to her family. Her older brother had a box in his hands while her dad was consoling her mum. Her messy haired brother, Austin, shrugged at the sight and nodded towards the dorm.

Natalie smiled at him and lead the way up to her awaiting dorm room with Austin behind her. The hallways were narrow and with the volume of parents, students and advisors, it was chaotic. She had already signed in and received the orientation package, so all she needed to do was find her room.

The short, stocky freshman manoeuvred through the halls with difficulty, having to completely duck under someone's snowboard. Rolling her eyes, Natalie finally reached her destination.

The door was already open, so she sauntered in half-expecting someone to already be in there. The room was small, two beds pushed up against the walls. At first glance, there wasn't anybody inside but someone had definitely been in there. 

"My god Nat, that hallway was way worse than my first day."

Natalie just laughed at her brother, putting her box on the remaining bed, before returning to her observations of her new roommate's side of the room. The girl had hung up many posters of mountains and European towns. There were two large matching grey suitcases in the corner, along with a nike bag.

Did that mean that Natalie's new roommate was athletic? Had she travelled? What did she look like? Natalie was desperate to know. On the car journey there, she had been praying that she got a nice roommate. Her relatives had told her about disastrous pairings in their pasts but the frumpy girl was remaining optimistic.

Natalie pulled her gaze from her roommate's side of the room when she heard something at the door. Her head shot up from the box she had just started unpacking, to see a bundle of books scattered all over the floor.

Austin went to help the poor, ice blonde girl. "You alright there?" The blue eyed beauty looked up, obviously embarrassed. She nodded as she stood up, her cheeks slightly red.

Instead of turning around and heading out the door, the thin girl, placed the stack of thick books on to Natalie's roommate's desk. "Oh." Natalie said, her eyes sparking up. "You must be my roommate. I'm Nat." She smiled, extending her hand.

The small framed girl, looked up from her pile of books. "Anita." She stated, shaking Natalie's hand.

Austin was still staring at Anita. His eyes trailed on her backside, her skinny jeans and tight low-back long sleeve was distracting him.

"This is my brother, Austin. He also goes here. He's a Junior."

"I can introduce myself thanks." He snapped at Natalie. "Austin Caulfield." He greeted Anita with a charming smile. "Varsity basketball player. It's a pleasure to meet you."