Chapter Four

» » »Pic of Zane

*Zane*

"Come on, bro. Its just one night. Dani will be fine with Mom." Zach says. "Besides when was the last time you went out for fun. That wasn't with Dani."

"He's right, man," Brandon says. "I don't want to go so we can keep each other company."

"Fine, I'll go. But quit nagging me I have work to do." I grumble.

"Yes, be ready by seven. Later bro." Zach yells before running to his truck. I roll my eyes and start sliding the hay up the ramp to the hay loft.

Seven hours later me and Brandon head to the house to get cleaned up. Then we head to the rodeo, when we get there I head to find Zach.

"Hey, Lefty have you seen Zach?" I yell when I find Lefty.

"Hey you came." Lefty says and throws his right arm around my shoulders, "No, but he's around here somewhere."

"I know that him and Brandon basically ordered me to come." I said before I looked in his trailer office. "Where the hell is he?"

"Check out where they're drawing for what bronco the riders are going to ride." Lefty yells before heading over to the bull riding shute. I turn and head towards the other side of the ring. Suddenly I run into someone grabbing their waist so they don't fall.

Looking down I see, "We really need to stop doing this." I chuckle as I let go when she has her balance.

"Well, I'm not the one always running into people." Kylie grumbles while dusting her dress off. "So you need to watch where your going."

"True this is the second time I've run right into you. Sorry." I say and smile when she looks up.

"Um, it ok." she mumbles and ducks her head and I see a tint of pink in her cheeks.

"YO, ZANE. YOU MADE IT." I look up when I hear Zach yell and he runs up, "Well if it isn't the little mouse." he chuckles when he sees Kylie.

She glares at Zach, "I can still find something to hit you with. Like I did earlier."

"Ok, no need to smack or hit me. Again, I learned my learned my lesson earlier. You don't like being called that." Zach says with a grimace.

"Good. Now if you will excuse me I need to go find the people I came with." She stats before walking off. I watch as Zach glares at her retreating back.

"What did you do to her?" I laugh. "Cause I've only met her twice and she seems pretty shy."

"I walked into the back room of the bookstore and scared her. She then proceeded to beat me with a book." Zach grumbled.

"Really man." I say before pulling him towards the ring as the announcer say they're about to start. Four hours later everything is coming to an end as everyone heads home.

"You did really good, Zach." Brandon congratulates him.

"Yeah, he would have done better if he stayed on." I joke and I get shoved to the side.

"Shut up. That horse was..." Zach didn't finish cause there was a loud pop. "Was that a gunshot?"

"Yeah," Brandon says and we heard someone start screaming. Brandon takes off and I follow him. Running through people and dodging vehicles I finally catch him and see he has his gun drawn.

"DROP THE GUN!" he yells to the guy in a hoodie, "LET THE GIRL GO AND GET ON YOUR KNEES." I notice two other guys running away and I take off after them. I grab ones arm and pull him back. He swings at me and I duck before knocking his feet out from under him.