Chapter Five

{song: Biscuits by Kacey Musgraves}

*Kylie*

-----------------------------------A few days later------------------------------

"Hi, let me know if I can help you find anything." I smile at the kids that just walked into the store, and go back to putting the books back on the shelf.

"Ky, why don't you take a break." Casey says coming to stand beside me, "You've been working since four-thirty this morning. You need to slow down some."

"I can't," I sigh, "Not if Dante is here. I don't want anyone to get hurt." I walk past her to the register. "Thanks, I hope you enjoy the books."

"Fine," I groan when I look at Casey, curse her puppy eyes, "Let's go see Sam." I grab my wallet from under the counter and flip the sign as we walk across the street.

"Mama," Kyler yells as soon as I walk in the door. Kyler hugs my legs jumping up an down, "Guess what?"

"What, monkey." I say picking him up and walk over to a table towards the back.

"Papa Sam made chocolate turnover for breakfast." Kyler says excitedly. "And we ate all of them."

"What, and you didn't save any for me." I say sadly and my eyes brim with tears.

"Mama no cry. Papa Sam say he make more for you." Kyler says and hugs me. I giggle and hug him back before tickling. "MAMA NO TICKLE." Kyler laughs loudly.

"Hey, no tickling my favorite grandbaby." Sam says standing beside our table.

"He's your only grandbaby, Sam." I say and set Kyler down on my lap.

"Yes, that's why he's my favorite." Sam says smiling at us, "What can I get ya."

"Chicken salad and diet coke, please." Casey says chuckling at Kyler who was making silly faces at her.

"Grilled cheese with ham and dr. pepper," I say, "Thanks Sam."

"Sure thing, kiddies." Sam grins and heads to the kitchen.

"Kiddies?" Casey looks at me confused.

"Sam is weird but he's been good for Kyler and me." I smile at her and she nods. "Hey after we eat why don't you take Kyler to the playground. Let him run some of his energy off."

"Sure, it'll be fun." Casey smiles and Sophie puts our food one the table and walks off. Grumpy girl.

I watch Casey and Kyler head to the playground before I head to the bookstore. Turning on the radio I started singing and straightening the shelves up.

******************************************************************

TAKING DOWN YOUR NEIGHBOR WON'T TAKE YOU ANY HIGHER I BURNED MY OWN DAMN FINGER

POKIN SOMEONE ELSES FIRE I'VE NEVER GOTTEN TALLER MAKIN SOMEONE ELSE FEEL SMALL

IF YOU AIN'T GOT NOTHIN NICE TO SAY DON'T NOTHIN AT ALL JUST HOE YOUR OWN ROW

RAISE YOUR OWN BABIES SMOKE YOUR OWN SMOKE AND GROW YOUR OWN DAISIES

MEND YOUR OWN FENCES AND OWN YOUR OWN CRAZY MIND YOUR OWN BISCUITS

AND LIFE WILL BE GRAVY MIND YOUR OWN BISCUITS AND LIFE WILL BE GRAVY

NOBODYS PERFECT WE'VE ALL LOST AND WE'VE ALL LIED MOST OF US HAVE CHEATED