Chapter 11: Blood

The Alarm on Mycroft's phone went off, with  push of a button he sent a message to troops telling them to move. Mycroft, Sherlock and John got in a car and sped to the location. Sherlock and John loaded their guns, Mycroft's men were ready as a stand by...

"Ready?" Sherlock asked John.

John gave him a firm nod. "Ready!" He told him.

The two got out the car and went into the building. The place was dusty, cold and creepy.

*CRYING*

"Abbie," Sherlock whispered.

He knew that cry. The cry he had heard it plenty of times but prayed it wasn't because of the worst.

The duo looked around, at the back of the warehouse was the destroyed laptop, Abbie's toy horse, her coat and shoes were on the floor and there was a bit of blood; Whose blood was it?

"Sherlock Holmes," Moriarty sneered as he walked into the light, he held Abbie very tightly against him, tears had stained her face and they were both covered in blood and black dust.

Sherlock looked at his daughter in horror; He didn't mean for that to happen to her, he didn't know-

"Relax Daddy," Moriarty told him. "This was my workers blood, Abbie here was helping me."

"You've lost Moriarty," Sherlock stated and pointed his gun towards him.

"You may have tricked me Sherly, which may I add hurt me very deeply but now I get to hurt you very deeply!" Moriarty told him and pulled out a gun then held it against Abbie's head. "One wrong move and your baby girl dies!"

Sherlock stood there in shock, his heart was in his mouth... He looked at John then threw his gun on the floor and John did the same.

Moriarty smiled in victory. "Daddy," Abbie whimpered and stretched her little arm towards Sherlock.

"Give me the real memory stick and you get Abbie!" Moriarty told Sherlock. "It should be an easy decision."

"I want my daughter first!" Sherlock told him.

Moriarty shook his head. "No, memory stick first," He told him. "Come on Sherlock play the game."

Sherlock glared at him. "I've played your game for far too long, too many people have died by your hand!" He raised his voice. "NOW!"

*BANG*

A gun shot filled the room.

Moriarty dropped Abbie then held his blood hand tightly, Sherlock and John sprinted over to Moriarty, Sherlock picked up Abbie and John knocked Moriarty over and pointed a gun at him.

John looked at his friend. "Who was that?" He asked.

Sherlock smiled as he comforted his daughter. "Excellent shot brother!" He said loudly.

Out of the shadows a man appeared. "Thank you brother," Mycroft told him.

Moriarty was clutching his hand tightly as blood dripped out of it. "You will pay for this Holmes'!" He yelled.

Sherlock held Abbie close. "Brother do what you wish with him, make sure he never comes near us again!" He said sternly as Mycroft's men stormed in and grabbed Moriarty.

Sherlock quickly left the warehouse and held Abbie close to his chest, he gently ran his fingers through her hair trying to smooth it out and shush her cries as best he could.

"It's okay, I'm here, I swear I will never let something like that happen to you again," Sherlock told her and kissed her head. "I love you Abbie."

Abbie sniffled and wrapped her arms around Sherlock's neck. "Wuv you Daddy," She told him.

He smiled softly. "Come on lets go home," He told her.

When Sherlock and Abbie got back to the flat he ran her a bubble bath, he threw her bloody clothes in the bin and placed her in the warm water. He gently washed the blood out of her hair, he used a cloth to wipe the blood off her face, he wrapped her in a soft pink towel and took her into his room where he put her pjs on and braided her hair.

Abbie felt safe in her Dad's arms, the gently rocking motion was soothing and comforting. Sherlock was just randomly talking to her about a random case he went on ages ago, the toddler just loved the sound of his voice.

"Daddy," Abbie whined and gently touched the side of his face.

Sherlock smiled. "Yes?" He asked her.

"Horsey bye- bye?" She asked sadly.

"Yes, I'm sorry," He told her and brushed his thumb over her cheek. "I know you loved it."

"Mommy," She mumbled and tucked her head into the crook of his neck.

"I know you love your Mommy too," He whispered and lay her down in her cot, he gave her then dummy and gently lay her blanket over her. "Shush."

Abbie's eyes closed and she fell into a peaceful sleep.

Sherlock went into the living room and saw Mycroft sitting in his chair holding a file...

"Is that Moriarty's?" Sherlock asked.

Mycroft stood up. "Yes it is," He stated. "James Moriarty has been executed and his body has been dumped at a secret location."

Sherlock nodded and glanced through the file. "Good," He nodded. "You saved my daughter, thank Mycroft."

"Now, now brother lets not get all emotional shall we?" Mycroft teased.

Sherlock smiled softly. "Yes good idea," He agreed. "What now?"

"You took down Moriarty's network, Moriarty is dead, the game is over," Mycroft told him with a smile. "You and Abbie are free from Moriarty."

Sherlock looked at his bedroom door and a smile grew on his face. "Brother the game is never over, especially when I have a toddler," He told Mycroft.

Mycroft left his brother and Sherlock started at the sun set that appeared over London... The game is and will always be on!

"Hmm I think we'll go torment Scotland Yard tomorrow," Sherlock spoke out load then he heard a little giggle. He turned and saw Abbie standing a few feet away from him. "Couldn't sleep?"

Abbie held her arms up to him. "Daddy!" She said.

Sherlock picked her up. "You can stay with me but just this once," He told her and carried her back to his room.