Swim

c h a p t e r
003

As I came back to my home, I typically dreamt about that black blue eyed wolf. Who was he? Could it be possible that he... is my mate?

No! Majestic, you can't fool yourself than what you've done before. They aren't real. My subconscious scolded me. I sighed, what if they were? I mean, I have the other half of me as a werewolf, that must mean I have a mate.

I could feel my wolf stirring, and I knew she was telling me something. Mates are real, they bring us together. But I'm not sure we can have one, 40% of you is a wolf, and 40% of you is an angel. Angels can't have mates. I raised an eyebrow, what happened to the other 20% of me? My inner angel snorted, that's your insanity. I growled and she just laughed.

She is kinda right though. I rolled my eyes, shut up, both of you. They just laughed and gradually faded inside my head. I sat back down to my bed and held my head, there were a lot of things in my mind right now.

I looked up at the small gap on my left side and saw it was still dark outside. I laid down on my bed and sighed before closing my eyes, my only thought was those blue eyes.

(• • •)

I woke up in the morning, getting ready to take a swim at the same lake. But deciding to have a little fun, considering it's my eighteenth birthday, I'll just go to the river and jump on the waterfalls. I grabbed myself some clothes to change and put it in my bag. Before going out, I checked the empty box of food and grabbed my daggers. I'm going hunting, and I'm gonna have fun with this.

I jumped out of my tree house and checked if the coast was clear, then I started to run towards the river. As I ran, I could feel someone around here in the woods, I stopped in my tracks and tried to sense someone approaching me, but I only felt one person walking around the woods. What was this person all alone? I realized it was a he-wolf, taking his run. I shrugged it off and proceed to the river since this wolf was far from my destination.

I finally arrived after running and then took off my clothes, leaving only one lacy bra and one lacy undies. Don't ask where I got this, they were given to me by someone. I'm surprised it was a perfect size, how did Mariam know how my size was gonna be? It's now doubt though, she can see the future. I shook my head, trying to take her out of my mind. I missed her. I looked up the sky, I hope you're seeing me now Mariam, happy birthday to me. I closed my eyes, breathing in the fresh scent of the woods, the trees, and the water. I looked down at the small landing on the small river and finally jumped from the waterfall.

I landed with a loud splash, I looked around the round rocks. Smiling, I swam deeper and touched the ground, I kicked the ground to rise up for air. I gasped lightly and wiped my eyes.

Scrunch. My pupils thinned, I widen my eyes and whipped my head to the right. I lowered my head, my nose under the water. I listening and concentrated for anything and felt someone watching me. I quickly dipped down and swam faster than any siren, towards the waterfall. I went behind it and gasped as I rose, I got out of the water and went to the small cave that leads to the very top of the waterfall.

I arrived and stopped dead in my tracks.

I froze.

There stood at least fifteen wolves, sniffing around and looking. I gulped and took a step back, but I quickly regretted it as soon as I stepped on a twig. Snap. The sound made everyone look up. Shit.

I quickly turned and ran for my life, ignoring the growls and heavy footsteps of the wolves behind me. How can I just let my senses down?!

I jumped to grab a branch and went higher up the trees to avoid them, I hope they didn't see me. I heard all of them stop, and I quietly jumped to another tree before going to another and completely running away from them.

That was a close one.