Gas

Okay, so I got this idea when I was in literature class and we were reading this sort of spooky story (called "If cornered... Scream) and for a strange reason I thought that'd this be a really good plot for one of my Stephen curry stories so hey, why not. Enjoy :)

************

  A tired Stephen Curry let out a long yawn, as his fingers found its way to the steering wheel griping the it as tightly as possible turning his knuckles white. This was often Stephen's go to motives to help him stay awake while driving. He had just came from a 4 hour long practice leaving his body feel sore and feeling it every time he lifted his foot to press the gas or brake; so when he had looked down and saw that his gas tank was almost down to E, he huffed and rolled his eyes like a little child, upset that he had to drive an extra mile or 2 to fill it up. He thought maybe he could drive home and rush to get out of the house the next morning to get some (gas) before practice. He quickly went against that idea knowing that his coach, Steve, doesn't like any of his players being even a second late; and if you were, it would result to a lecture from Steve himself and a extra few laps during the warm up drills.

**************

"Hey Skylar," the smoothed toned Stephen said to the gas station pumper .(idk I think that's what they call them 😂) He had seen the girl often because she was always the one to pump his gas.

Skylar had always loved when that black Range Rover had pulled into one of the slots when she was on shift. Honestly, she just loved seeing him. She had developed a crush for him and one day she had asked the man himself if he'd like to go out for dinner with her, but when he declined, she knew he wasn't ready for that.... yet. Even though he turned her offer down, she never stopped liking Mr. Curry. Liked him so much she became a little obsessed with him.

Wardell on the other hand, wasn't look for love..... Especially not at a gas station....

"Hello, Mr. Curry." Skylar greeted.

"Full her up for me, Sky." He commands, sticking a 20 dollar bill out the window.

"Sure, can do." She says, grabbing the twenty dollars.

"Hey, Mr. Curry, you -"

"Skylar, I tell you this every time I come here; we've known each other to long for you to call me 'Mr.Curry'. Just call me Stephen, or Wardell if you wish. " he interrupts ever so nicely.

"Oh sorry, Mr. War-"

"No mister." He scolds.

"Wardell," Skylar corrects herself for a second time. "You know you a very special day last Tuesday."

"Oh yes! How could I forget?" Stephen says, while reaching in his glove compartment, pulling out a American Express gift card, 100 dollars worth.

"Wait where's the card?" He asks himself, moving around the things in the time section.

Feeling a thin solid he said: "Happy late birthday."

"Oh; oh why thank you Wardell. This isn't necessary. 100 dollars? Are you sure?

"No, take it." Stephen had let out a long yawn.

"Oh, Mr. Curr-... Wardell I see that your tired. I think the-" Skylar stopped in her tracks as she took a glance onto the floor of Stephen's back seat.

"Hey, um I know it's been a long day for you but you should come into the store to see a gift my mom gave me." She awkwardly suggests.

"Skylar, I'm extremely tired-"