Red Rubies

Prologue

I looked down at the small, fragile young woman in my arms. A small line of red rubies formed a half moon shape around her wrist. I slowly bended over and licked one of them off. A blast of bitter sweet taste exploded in my mouth. I licked another one of the red crimson dots, just barely touching her wrist with my forked tongue. A low purr escaped from my throat, and that’s when I felt the change.

First my emerald green eyes would turn red. The skin around them would appear burned, turning an ashy black colour. My long canines would escape the small hole they’re usually tucked into and probably cut my lips open, my hair would turn to a fierce red, and then my long black wings would unfurl from my back.

I had felt a tinge of pity for the woman; she had a life back where ever she came from and I was  about to suck her body dry, taking her away from her family and friends. But the guilt was immediately replaced by hunger and adrenaline; I always had liked the hunt. The game always entertained me, when I saw the look of fear on all of the victims’ faces; when they realized they wouldn’t be returning home. Instead of aiming for her wrist, I swooped down to her neck and plunged my fangs deep into her jugular vein and again, I tasted the warm, fresh rubies velvety spice.

After I had drained most of her body I dropped it into a nearby alley. I fixed my dress back into place and smoothed out my lavender gathered skirt. I pulled a handkerchief out from my white gloves and wiped my mouth off, but as I turned to leave I had heard a small groan. I turned toward the woman- she had still been alive, but just barely.

I bent down and whispered in her ear, “Game over.” And then I finished my meal in a beautiful spark of red crimson lines across the alley’s wall and that night, it rained rubies.

___________________________

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed reading this... it's very brief. Please comment, vote , maybe fan? Anways I'm not sure about this so let me know if I should keep writing or delete this.Thanks! Buh-byeee ;)