Who wants to party?

The party didn't start until the mixer was near its end, so naturally my mother found me again smiling widely at Olivia, and whisking me of to chat with more country club members. I'm sure Gwen would have been more than enough to brag about. My mother must have been tried of pretending she only had one child.

But not before Olivia smiled like she had a secret and whispered in my ear, "I'll find you later." She promised. I believed her. If she didn't find me later I would be surprised since she always had a knack for knowing where I was.

Neal was still hanging around Gwen the whole time when he could. As well as laughing at my misfortune until his mother slapped him on the head, scolding him for joking around too much. I was grateful.

When I noticed that the party goers were soon leaving and the sun was setting; I detached myself from my mother clutches to find Neal.

Neal was sitting at a table with his eyes closes steadily breathing, feeling the effects of the mixer. I made my way over to him. I stopped my movements when I noticed Gwen making her way over as well holding drinks in her hand.

I really didn't know what to do when I saw them, it felt awkward. Neal really never dated or shown interest in other girls except when we were like 10 he admitted to liking me but I punched him in the stomach; then we went back to being best friends.

Now he was being all chummy with my sister. Since when did she like younger skinny red heads that couldn't play a sport to save his life. Neal was far from Gwen's usually masculine meat head type. Gwen liked guys that had brawns instead of brain.

Really the only problem I had with the situation was that fact that Neal never even told me something was going on between the two of them. I felt a little betrayed and all together confused.

I was jolted out of my thoughts when a warm hand slid onto my back, pulling me to them. I knew who it was before I even looked in her face. Olivia never paid any attention to someone else's boundaries.

"Why the long face? I know this mixer isn't your scene but it's not that bad." Well she was right about the mixer, it wasn't my scene. But considering her mother wasn't like mine she wasn't forced to show off constantly. She could actually have fun with all these people she knew. To Olivia it wasn't that bad, but to a social outcast like me, it was.

"I'm not sad about the mixer." I say eyes flickering over to Neal. Olivia followed my gaze over to the couple. A frown appeared on her face just like mine.

"Wait, I thought you said you didn't like Neal." Olivia said with sadness coating her voice as she retracted her arm from around my waist. I grab her hand unconsciously pulling her back to me.

"I don't!" I said quickly trying to clarify. "It's just I didn't know about them being together. Neal didn't tell me."

"Oh, I get it." Olivia said calmer now willingly leaning back into me. Her body, distracting me for a moment, felt warm next to mine. "If one of my friends didn't tell me they had a thing for someone, I would be hurt too. On top of that, the girl he has a thing for is your sister. It like how Danika......" Her face screwed up in a weird way before she said "You know what it doesn't even matter, how about we invite them to the after party?"

"Gwen has probably already been invited, knowing her."

"Well, what about Neal? He probably doesn't want to go but if he knows you are then he will." She made a good point and I would like to have at least someone besides Olivia at the party. Also it seem pretty logical because Olivia smiled at me with her big brown eyes sparkling, I couldn't help but (in so many words) melt.

My body felt even warmer than it had before. I knew she was standing close to me but she was standing super close to me in a crowd full of 'sticking their nose in other peoples business' type of people. I felt self-conscious knowing people could see us. But I got over it to marvel at the fact of how soft Olivia's hair looked.

I shook my head realizing that I was staring at her hair unabashedly. Now bashfully, I ducked my head way from her and nodded shyly. Olivia happily clamped onto my arm and dragged me towards Neal and Gwen,

When we arrived at the table Neal stood up acknowledging my presence. "Hey Joey, enjoying the gala?" He said using his best British accent. I think the British accent was like a running gag of his.

Even though I was still a little upset about the whole Gwen thing, I knew he would talk to me about it later so it was fine. With a British accent matching his I said, "Just fabulous. The food is simply delightful. Don't you agree?"

"I do concur, I do enjoy the-"He was about to say something else when Gwen cut him off.

"Guys, seriously?" She said getting up to stand next to him.

Neal's lightly freckled face began to turn a pinkish color. I put my hand over my mouth to keep from laughing at his embarrassment. Usually I was the one that was embarrassed; now it was his turn.

Neal stuffed his hands in his nicely press khakis, trying to reserve so of his dignity that was almost shattered by his silliness. "What's up?"

I shrugged with a smile still amused. "Nothing,"

Olivia nudged me in the side, "Actually, we wanted to see if you guys were going to the after party."

Gwen tried not to look smug but she came off as smug anyways. "Nolan already asked me." I shot a pointed looked towards Olivia. "But Neal refuses to go with me."

Neal took his hands out of his pockets, crossing his arms across his scrawny chest, clearly angry. "That jackass didn't invite me, he only invited you." I raised an eyebrow at his tone. Someone was jealous. I had to stifle another laugh. I think I was going to like this whole Neal crushing on my sister thing; after I got over the fact that his crush was on my sister.

"That jackass didn't say I couldn't bring a guest." Gwen rebutted, lightly placing her manicured hand on his arm.

"If it counts for anything Joey and I are going." Olivia added.

"What?" Gwen said taking herself away from Neal. "What do you mean you're going?"

"W-Well, um Danika invited me." Olivia scowled at Danika's name.

Gwen let out an exasperated sigh. "Where does that little harlot get off inviting you? And why did you agree? You don't like parties. Something could happen to you especially since you never even been to a party before." Worry was coming off of her in heavy waves. At least I could tell she cared.

"I uh was going w-with Olivia." Olivia blushed a little but she still stared at Gwen head on. Gwen stared back scrutinizing Olivia where she stood. The air was thick with awkwardness until Neal nudged Gwen in the back, raising his eyebrows with meaning. But I really didn't understand what he was trying to tell her but she understood because her mouth dropped in an 'O' shape and she nodded her head.

She turned her attention back to Olivia, still holding a glare. Olivia decided then would be the best time to let Gwen win their little stare off by breaking eye contact with her. Gwen pointed a finger at Olivia accusingly. "You better look out for her."

Olivia nodded quickly. "I will."

Neal sighed heavily, wiping his face with his hand. "I'll go too, I guess." Gwen squealed at this, finally taking her attention off of Olivia. I could hear a small sigh escape from Olivia's mouth but she smiled at me in reassurance to let me know she was ok with Gwen's interrogation.

"Yay! We're going to a party!" Gwen squealed again with excitement. "This is going to be so much fun."

I sure hoped it would be.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

READ THIS: Ok I know you finished this chapter like what complete bullshit. I know , it just the chapter I had before was way to long so I spilt it. But I wanted to tell you the good news to ease your minds .You won't have to wait long for the next update , I just have to check over a couple of times. I'm not that heartless.. So hang in there. ;)

~~Athena