Finding Hope

Finding Hope

December 29th 2021

Mia's POV

*Might want some tissues, you have been warned*

The last couple of days have been great. Mackenzie and Levi had an amazing Christmas and so did I. I got a present from Demi and was over the moon. She gave me a card and inside the card was a positive pregnancy test. Demi, that sneaky little devil has been hiding it from me for the last two months.

The thing that ticked me off was that I didn't realize Demi was pregnant. I haven't paid attention to the fact that she has been gaining weight or that she missed her period. Oh well, I'm just really excited.

Speaking of the little devil, she just came home from a Christmas party at her parents' house. They were having people over and I decided to stay home to watch the kiddy's. It's not like it was a lot of work, they were asleep the whole time.

"Babe?" She called from the hallway.

"In the living room." I said and paused the movie I was watching.

Demi came into the living room and sat right in my lap. Her little baby bump is almost enough to be noticeable.

"How was the party?" I asked and moved her closer to me.

"It was good, kind of boring though because you weren't there." She said.

"Did you tell your mom yet?" I asked.

We haven't really talked too much about tell our parents. I don't really care if Demi want's to tell them or not, they are going to find out soon enough.

"No, I didn't tell them yet. I want to surprise them you know, like do something kind of simple but really corny at the same time." Demi said and looked at me.

"Like putting a bun in the oven and have her figure it out?" I asked.

"Yes." Demi said with a bright smile on her face.

I just started laughing and Demi hid her face in my neck. We ended up staying like that and falling asleep on the couch. Somewhere in the middle of the night I heard a yell. It jolted me awake and when I came to I didn't see Demi. Not thinking too much about it I was going to fall back asleep.

Just as I was drifting off again I heard another scream. This time I hopped off the couch and started towards where the scream came from.

"MIA!" I heard Demi yell. That's when I knew something was wrong.

"Where are you Demi?" I asked taking the stairs two at a time.

"Bathroom" She grunted.

I ran the rest of the way to the bathroom and found her on the floor clutching her stomach.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked getting next to her.

"Something is wrong with the baby." Demi said.

"Let me grab the phone to call an ambulance." I said and went to get up but Demi grabbed my hand.

"Don't leave me." Demi said with tears in her eyes.

"I need to get you help Dems. I'll be right back." I said and kissed her forehead.

This time Demi let me go and I ran off to grab my cell phone. I dialed 911 and told them everything I knew. Once they were sending an ambulance I called Diana. She didn't answer so I tried Eddie. He didn't answer either so I tried Maddie, and she answered. Frantically I told her that she needed to wake up her parents and get them to my house. Maddie didn't question me and by the time I got off the phone with her the ambulance was out front. I let them in and showed them to Demi.