Graduation Day

Graduation Day

May 31st 2047

Mia's POV

After 5 long years I'm finally done. I'm graduating from college. I always wanted to go back to school but couldn't at the time of my career because it was so time consuming. So after my last show I talked to Demi about it and she told me to go for.

            So with her blessing I applied to a few different schools. I ended up at Baylor University. Even though it was almost an hour commute I didn't miss a single class. I ended up getting a small apartment down by the school so on some days I wouldn't have to drive back home.

            Some days Demi would come down with me as well so she wouldn't be home by herself. But after a while of doing that she missed our house in Dallas so she just stayed home. With the kids now out of the house on there own she was lonely. So for Christmas last year I got her a dog.

            For a while now I have wanted a pet, mainly a dog but I couldn't figure out how to bring it up to Demi. So with the help of our kids I went out and found a dog. At first I wasn't sure if I should get a small dog or a big one. Instead of being nitpicky, I sent Gianna, Logan, Mason and Miles in one direction of the shelter while Mackenzie, Michaela and I went in the other. At the time Levi was deployed somewhere. What we didn't know at the time was that he would surprise us Christmas morning by coming home.

            It took a while bit finally Mason called all of us over to where he was in the store. He was sitting in a playpen with a puppy in his hands. I went inside the pen with him and the puppy sat down. The puppy looked up at me and his big blue eyes shined into mine.

            His bright blue eyes looked into mine and I fell in love. His little nose is grey in color along with a patch around his right eye and ear. Most of his body is grey in color and stopped halfway down his little legs. White takes over for his paws and his belly.

            While I was taking him in the puppy came over to me, sniffed my knee then climbed into my lap and put his head on my leg.

                        "We'll take him." I said to the worker who watched us. I later found out that his name is Ace and he is a pure breed pitbull.

            At first I was nervous about getting a pitbull but after spending a bit more time with him I realized Ace couldn't harm a fly. After we finished at the shelter we all went to the pet store that is down the road and bought everything Ace would need.

            It was hard to hide everything from Demi for the few days I would need to wait till Christmas. I had to hide Ace in the basement so Demi wouldn't see him. Even though I thought he would mess things up down there he didn't. He was a good boy and slept most of the time.

            Christmas morning we gave out our gifts then Levi came home disrupting everything. I was glad for the disruption though because I was able to sneak downstairs to get Ace. I gave everybody a few minutes to calm down before I tied a red bow around his neck and brought him upstairs. After he licked my face I put him down and watched as he ran into the living room, right to Demi.

            She picked him right up and he licked all over her face. Needless to say she was happy. Anyway, long story short Ace is an amazing addition to the family and I wouldn't give him up for anything. Demi loved to have some company at home now. She grew so attached to Ace in such a short amount of time it was crazy.

            Now back to graduation, I'm waiting for my name to be called as I stand in line behind other graduates. After my career I always wanted to go back to school. Behind making it big, getting my degree was always a big dream of mine.