Chapter 24 (Part 2)

"Come on Victoria, you can't do this. You can't just leave."

"Why do you care? You dumped me. You have Grace and the family that you wanted. Why can't you leave me alone and let me move on?"

"Because it's not that simple."

"You think you're such a great guy and that no girl would ever turn you down. Let me just come out and tell you. You're an a**hole Aaron. And I pity any girl who is stupid as I was to fall under your spell.

*Aaron*

Victoria gets up and walks away. I lean back in my chair and run my hand through my hair. Does she really regret ever meeting me? I thought what we had was great. She loved me and I loved her. I still do.

"Way to go." Caleb says. "You may have just ruined things for both of us."

"Why are you interested in Vicky all of a sudden?"

"I was just cleaning up your mess like always, and I just happened to see what you didn't. You didn't deserve her. She isn't like the sluts you've dated. Victoria actually has feelings, and goals. She's loving, and unfortunately trusting. You broke her heart in a way no one else could. And that's something you have to live with."

Caleb leaves me and I watch as he leaves the cafeteria. First Victoria, and now Caleb. Soon I'll only have Sophie left.

***

I meet Grace at my house. She text me at lunch that she wants to talk and I don't have a very good feeling about it. She sits on my doorstep with her hands buried in her pockets.

"Hey." I greet her.

"Hi." She gives me a small smile. I unlock the door and we go inside. Sophie greets us at the door and Grace immediately picks her up, placing a kiss on her cheek.

"I'm late for work, Aaron." My mom says. "I'll see you when I get home." My mom glares at Grace as she grabs her coat and walks out the door.

"She hates me too, huh?" Grace asks, biting her lip.

"I don't hate you." I sigh.

"Daddy, can I watch a movie?" Sophie asks.

"Sure sweetie." Grace waits for me in the living room as I put a movie on in Sophie's room. She doesn't need to hear our conversation or sense the tension. I crack the door to her room before going back downstairs.

"Your lawyer contacted my parent's lawyer." Grace says, now sitting on the couch. "I guess you're actually going through with all of this."

"It's not that I want to." I sit on the couch beside her. "I'm doing what's best for Sophie."

"How is this what's best for Sophie? My parents just want to get to know her. They want to see her occasionally. Is that so bad?"

"After what you've told me, yes it is. You're parents aren't good people. I don't want my daughter around people who can leave their own child on the streets. They're corruptive!"

"So I'm corrupted?"

"You said it, not me."

"I can't believe you!" She jumps up. "My parents are just as deserving of a second chance as I am."