Chapter 7

Chapter 7

*Victoria*

Halftime was almost over so I headed back to my seat in the bleachers. Soon the football players were back on the field. I searched around for Aaron's mother and sister, but saw them nowhere. Did they not stay for his game? Why wouldn't they?

Our team won the game like they usually do. Our team is unbeatable and I'm sure that has something to do with Aaron. He's an amazing player.

After the bleachers were mostly empty, I left to go find Aaron. He should be done showering and changing by now. I got to the locker room and found Aaron standing outside talking to a man I a suit. Aaron wore a smile on his face as did the man. They shook hands and the man walked away.

I walked up to Aaron and he smiled when he saw me. He leaned down to give me a kiss.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"That was a scout. He liked my playing and is offering me a scholarship."

"That's great! I had no doubt that you could do it. Football is your calling."

"Thanks."

Aaron wrapped his arm across my shoulders, pulling me close. We walked down the hallway.

"Great game." I complimented.

"Thanks. I'm extremely exhausted now though."

"I'd bet. You only left the field at halftime. How do you do it?"

"I'm superman." he joked, causing me to laugh.

"You really are great. I saw your mother and sister come talk to you during halftime. I'm glad they could make it to see you play."

I felt him tense and I gave him a confused look. What was that about? Was I not supposed to see?

"You saw that, huh?" he asked.

"Yeah. You're little sister is the cutest thing I've ever seen. And your mom seems nice. I really can't wait to meet them."

I wonder if he'll invite me over for dinner now that I've at least seen them. I don't understand why he's avoiding me meeting his family.

"Victoria," he started, stopping us from walking. "I know we've only been dating for two weeks, but I'd like to know how you feel about me."

"What?" I gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"I wouldn't say that I'm in love with you. But I know that I really like you and want to spend as much time with you as I can. You're beautiful inside and out. I never want to lie to you, or keep things from you. You're the first girl that I've ever found myself falling for."

Where is all of this coming from? All I mentioned was his mother and sister. What did I say to trigger all of this? But I guess I'll play along.

"I really like you." I said, not wanting to tell him the whole truth about my feelings. "I love being around you too. You're my first real boyfriend and I'm proud of that."

"Good, then I want you to come over tonight to meet my family."

A huge smile crossed my face. So was that some kind of test to see if I was worthy to meet his family? If it was I'm glad I passed. I've been dying for this day.

"Really?" I asked to be sure.

"Yes." he smiled. "Be there around 6:30?"

"Of course. I won't be late."

Aaron walked me to my car and gave me a kiss before leaving. I can't believe I'm going to meet his family tonight. This is the second most exciting day of my life. The first being the day he asked my out.