Chapter 3

I didn't know why I said Yes  last night. Because of that,  I didn't sleep Well.

I spent my night thinking what I've done. I think I just put myself into more trouble, But when I remember how amazing to see them leave last night after Lin cast his hand and they suddenly became a tiny light then the little light move. I followed the light until it gone into the tree behind the kitchen. I was struck by then. I still can't believe I just meet an engkanto. They look like what my grandma told me. I now wonder how she know them. Can she see them. Maybe.

Remind my self to ask grandma later.

I then flopped on my bed again and think what happen last night all over again. Damn it. I still can't get over. I kind of scared that they will be back. It's my fault though for saying Yes but they intrigues me that time. I don't know if I'm stupid or just being smart to be curious.

Ugh! What have I done?

I decide to finally get up and take my breakfast. I felt hungry as I remember that I was up til morning. I really wish it's only a dream and they aren't real.

I get my slipper and went to the kitchen to see them up already and eating breakfast. I wonder why they up so early then glance at the wall clock above the entrance of the kitchen. It's already 10 am and I just woke up.

Ugh! Great.

"Good morning James. How's your first night here?" My grandma ask me and I sit beside her.

"Strange and I want to talk to you later grandma. " I told her while getting bread, egg and hotdog to put in my plate. I then ask one of the maids to get me hot chocolate and she immediately make me one.

My grandma raise her eyebrow with a questioning face.

"What is that James? Something wrong?" She ask me a little concern but I don't want to talk to it while eating breakfast and while in front of my family.

I don't want them to think I'm crazy. Even my self, I am now questioning my sanity.

"Later grandma." I told her and starting to eat my food and she nod.

"Can you also tell me what's bothering you?" Jack ask me expectantly and I watch my mom and dad as they listen also but I avoided them.

"Maybe, later Jack." I just told him not so sure if I wanted him to know. What if he make a joke with that, but knowing Jack. He will not do that to me. Maybe Jane but not Jack.

After eating. My mom told me that they will be leaving in the afternoon to go home and they will be back just before the fiesta. They need to take care of our business.

We have a family restaurant and a cafe in Manila. They have to be there to check and of course, manage. Duh! We just nod and she told us that if we need something, we will just call them and they also left money to us. We then part ways after the breakfast.

My mom and dad went to their room to prepare for leaving. Jane also went to her room. Jack left, he told me that he will be at Alex house and will be back later. Me and my grandma went outside to the garden to talk.

There's a table surrounded by chairs outside. I went to the other chair beside my grandma and sit down.

"What happen darling?" She instantly ask me.

I told her what happen last night and she just listen to me.

"Grandma, I remember you telling me this. How did you know of them? Do you also see them? " I ask grandma expectantly.

I wish she saw them as Well. I don't want to be the only person who can see them. People might think I'm crazy.

"I can't see them darling but your grandpa did. He told me about them and I believe in him. He told me everything about them. They are his friends, that's what he told me, that's why I don't want to cut down that tree behind this house. Theirs nothing to be afraid of James. They won't harm us if we don't disturb them. I live here half of my life but I never have a problem with it. In fact. They are helping us. Your grandpa told me that we must protect them and let them be there. " my grandma explains to me.