Chapter 15

All day I was with Max helping to distribute the "tracker" throughout all of Dauntless. I felt horrible but I knew that I would do everything I could to find a way of stopping this, hopefully without much loss of innocent lives. I knew that some people would be lost but I can only hope that we could find a way of stopping all this. I memorized the names of those who would be removed.

After everyone was injected I sat at our usual table joined by only Tris, Four, Uriah, and Justin as everyone else had work. Four talking so quiet I almost couldn't hear him. He was asking questions I was trying to answer as much as I could there, we all decided to meet in Justin's apartment where it was safer. Around 10 everyone started to stagger in and I started explaining everything that I knew. It was decided that everyone would pretend to be in the simulation since only Justin and I wouldn't be and if he was I would find a way of disconnecting him personally. I was pretty sure that they would be setting it off either tonight or tomorrow morning really early, so we made sure everyone's door was unlocked and slightly opened so everyone could hear what was going on. Then we all left for our own rooms. I gave a kiss to Justin and walked with Four and Tris to our apartments. I wish I could have stayed with Justin but I knew that it would be better if I didn't. I hoped I would be able to see him again.

I fell asleep around midnight. I was woken up to a hand around my mouth I try to open my eyes but all I see is blackness and I realize there is a blindfold over them. I try not to panic. I know I am being dragged somewhere but I have no idea where I hear a door open and I have been thrown inside right before I hear the door slam shut. I remove the blindfold and look around, I am back in the same closet that Eric brought me to the other day. I go to the door and try the knob. Locked of course it is locked. I bang on it, it opens a Dauntless solider is there with blank eyes and I know he is under the simulation.

"Why am I being held here." I yell at him.

"You are to remain here until further notice." He says mechanically. 

He closes the door and I am alone again. I can only hope my friends and Justin are alright. I sit in the far corner as far from the door as I can. I fall asleep from sheer exhaustion. I wake up stiff from the floor. I have no idea how long I have been in this room. There are no windows, no clocks, and I don't sleep with my watch on so I cant even look at that. I wish Justin was with me, I wish I was out of this room. The size is starting to get to me and I feel myself start to panic. I need to get out of this room. I go to the door and slam my fist into it. The same solider opens the door, I run out of the room after hitting him in the jaw. I feel like I can breathe again. I see him getting up and taking his gun out of its holster and aims it at me. I freeze unsure if he will shoot me or not. He grabs my arm and drags me to the pit. In the middle of it is Eric with a doctor getting his foot wrapped. He looks pale and angry. I run up to him concerned.

"What happened Eric are you alright?"

"I got shot in the foot what do you think." He spoke through gritted teeth.

"Who shot you?"

"Divergent rebels." I try not to smile.

"Where is Justin?" I ask bending down on my knees to be eye level with him.

He looks at me with pity in his eyes. "He is in the control room with Four."

"Why are they there?"

He doesn't say anything. I get up and smack him in the face, he looks at me stunned for only a second.

"What the hell was that for?" He yells his eyes cold once again.

"You promised." I said through gritted teeth.

"Your safe he is safe, he isn't fighting you should be happy."

"Happy? He doesn't know who he is, what he is doing, or who I am."