Fool's Play

A/N I'm sorry for not updating this.

------------------------------------------------------------

The fell into silence and concentration. Celes quickly decided who to try first and scared us all with her strategy.

She walked towards Yamada and leaned over. "Every night before you go to bed I sneak into your room and put powdered poison in your pillow," she whispered, eerily calm, her eyes wide.

"EHHHHHHHHHH?!" Yamada screamed, but he wasn't the only one terrified by what she just said. Everyone else, other than Kirigiri, Celes, and Togami, look horrified.

Celes stood back up and giggled nonchalantly. "Just kidding," she smiled, folding her hands together near her chin.

Yamada sighed in relief, not realizing he let out a faint smile while doing so. Celes quickly caught sight of this, calling him out.

And so the game went on for a few more rounds. Fukawa and Kirigiri were the only two left after a couple rounds.

"T-Togami-kun, could you come and try?" Fujisaki asked.

"Why on earth would I bother to play something like this to help the likes of you?" he spat.

"We can't get Fukawa to smile at all," Asahina reasoned, "All she does is frown at us."

"Fine" Togami sighed irritably.

Fukawa's eyes widened as she heard Togami agree. Togami simply walked over towards her. She began shaking in excitement of being so close to him. She struggled to keep still and calm. Togami now only stood two feet away from her. She looked as if she would burst with excitement.

Togami bit his lip, seemingly in disgust, however, everyone knew that despite he was extremely cruel to Fukawa, he seemed to have a bit of a soft spot for her.

Fukawa was clasping her hands when Togami leaned over and whispered something in her ear. She froze as he stood back up and walked away. Suddenly, she burst out into a huge grin, squeeing in her chair.

Asahina sighed in relief at being able to crack up Fukawa, then turned to try again with Kirigiri. Once she had finished, she let out a defeated sigh.

"Man, Kirigiri-san!" she cried, "You're too good at this game!" Asahina crossed her arms. "How can you do that?"

"I'm surprised how long you can hold a poker face," Celes giggled.

"Your title should be 'Super High School Level Straight Face!'" Hagakure joked, laughing with his hands to his sides.

I felt an erge to retort to his joke, but I kept my cool and held my tongue. It was true that we don't know her special talent, but it most definitely wouldn't be something as stupid as that. I mean, she's too amazing for something that silly...

"Why don't you give it a try, Naegi-kun?"

"Huh?" I jumped out of my thoughts from the sudden question directed at me. I turned around to see Oogami looking at me. "M-me?"

"Oh! Good idea, Sakura-chan! Naegi-kun and Kirigiri-san are super close, so he probably knows what makes her smile!" Asahina bounced in her spot, giddy with the idea. Great, I can feel my face burning up. Again.

"U-uh... I don't know..." I stammered. I wasn't good with this game, so I was usually one of the first people to lose. "I'm not really good at making others laugh..."

"Com'on, dude!" Hagakure joined in, "Give it a try!"

"A-Alright, fine," I gave in, " B-b-but I don't want anyone to watch me make a fool of myself." An idea had come into my mind the moment Oogami volunteered me. Something fluttered in my chest at the thought that had made its way into my head. I was trying to avoid the thought, although I didn't exactly dislike it. However, I have no other ideas to make her smile, so i guess it's worth a shot.

Asahina giggled, her cheeks pink as if she knew my plan already, then told eveyone to 'give me some space'. As they turned their backs to me, Kirigiri looked up at me slightly confused and rose dusting her cheeks.

I closed my eyes tight, probably looking completely flustered. I didn't know what I was thinking, but my heart was telling me to just go with it. I leaned over towards her and softly kissed her cheek. I had always wanted to do that ever since I first laid eyes on her. As I pulled back, I could feel my heart was racing. I slowly opened my eyes to find her pale face had turned bright pink and her eyes were wide. She looked completely speechless. I felt a little nervous about how she'd react.

Suddenly, I saw her close her eyes and look down. At the same moment, guilt crashed down onto me and I realized I might've ruined everything between us. I should've seen this coming, I'm such an idiot! I thought. I quickly ran out of the room, ignoring the calls of my name and the hand that tried to grab me. I went into my dorm and slammed the door, and slid onto the floor. I sat there and curled my knees to my chest. Now I knew I would regret what I did. Great going, Makoto.

"What have I done..." I muttered miserably out loud.

I sat there for what seemed like forever when I heard a knock at my door. Standing up sorely, I opened the door to find the last person I wanted to see.

Monokuma.

"Upupupu~" The monochrome bear laughed.

"What do you want," I said, sounding more tired than irritated.

"Yahahaha!" he laughed even louder, his paws on his stomach, "Way to go, Naegi-kun!"

"What?" I asked. I had no idea what he meant.

"I saw you back there with your friends. You were getting all buddy buddy with each other when you pulled a fast one! I bet Kirigiri-san wasn't expecting something so bold to come from you!"

I stood there for a moment. Then it clicked. I sighed, wanting to be left alone about it. "You saw it, huh?" I mumbled.

"Saw it? I watched the entire thing! It was hilarious! You totally made a huge fool of yourself in front of your wanna be waifu!"

"Uhg..." I groaned. He made the whole situation even worse by rubbing it in.

"I just wanted to congratulate you on being stupid, although that's not really anything new for you," he smirked, then walked off down the hall cackling.

I closed the door, feeling stress weighing my entire being to the floor. I trudged to my bed and lied down. I buried my face into my pillow and felt tears wield up in my eyes. Memories of everything I did with Kirigiri went through my mind, making me feel more and more ashamed for being a fool.

I rolled over onto my side. I stared at the wall for a few minutes before I began to feel drowsiness take over. "I'm sorry, Kirigiri-san..." I muttered as I closed my eyes, feeling a single warm stream fall down my cheek before unconsciousness took over.