Forgiven

A/N Last Chapter. Since I wrote this years ago, this may not be the best ending, I apologize haha

----------------------------------------------

DING DONG

I woke up to the sound of my doorbell intercom. Slowly sitting up, I scratched my head. How long was I asleep for? Oh well.

I got up to answer the door, sleep dragging my feet so I probably looked like a walking zombie. When I opened the door, I felt my heart stop. Kirigiri was standing at my doorway, her cheeks faintly pink and her face as serious as always. Suddenly, events from the past few hours flashed through my head. My face grew warm and I felt guilt wash over my entire being.

"K-Kirigiri-san," I stuttered, trying to sound calm.

"Naegi-kun, may I come in?" she said. She's so calm. Did she forget what happened? Part of me hopes so.

"Oh, uh, yea," I said, moving over, "of course." Keep it cool, Makoto, you don't want to mess up again.

She walked past me without out another word and invited herself to sit onto the end my bed. I closed and locked the door behind her.

"So, uh, what did you need? Did you want to talk about something?" Am I repeating myself too much? She probably thinks I'm a total dork at this point. Great.

"Yes, that is why I'm here."

"S-sure. What did you want to talk about?" I tried to sound as calm as possible, but there's no way I can fool Kirigiri.

"Why did you kiss me earlier?" She went straight to the point.

The question made me jump. I felt my heart freeze.

"U-uh-"

"Do you like me, Naegi-kun?"

Okay, now my heart is probably dead.

I stood there completely speechless and flustered. I scratched the back of my head awkwardly.

"Um, well... You see..."

"You can tell me the truth, Naegi-kun."

I sighed and sat down onto the bed next to her. I slouched over with my elbows on my knees and my hands held together.

"I know I can't hide anything from you, nor do I want to. I could never lie to you." It was true. I couldn't. She deserved to know the truth. Besides, I was a terrible liar in front of her.

I took a deep, shaky breath. I can't believe I'm about to tell her the truth! "B-but..." my voice trailed off, and I covered my face in my hands. "Y... Yes... I d-do like you..." I breathed out the words. I was so embarrassed. "I'm sorry... I've ruined everything..."

There was a pause. What was she thinking? Snap, I've really done it now! Why is she taking so long to answer? I felt like running out of my room.

"Naegi-kun," I heard Kirigiri speak finally. Her voice was so calm, so soft, like a fluffy cloud.

I looked up at her, but she was looking down. I couldn't read her expression, as per usual, but I thought I saw red dusting her cheeks. Kirigiri was... blushing? No, it's probably just the lighting... right?

"You've got that wrong."

My breath faltered as I heard her say my usual line. She looked at me, a small smile creeping up onto her face. She reached out and placed a gloved hand onto my wrist. My heart was racing so fast at this moment.

"You haven't ruined anything," she said.

"But I have!" I protested, leaning back so I was lying on my bed. "Now everything will be awkward between us, we won't be able to stay friends anymore, soon everyone else will find out, an-"