Chapter 1

*just to get you caught up. Its a year later. Starting on a brand new day in the month of July. They've known each other for almost two years now. So here's the story.*

I woke up and slid on my house shoes and walked into Ruth's room. She was peacefully sleeping, so I quietly shut the door and walked downstairs. Looking at the clock it was 9:30 in the morning. I'm just glad I don't have to work today.

Walking into the kitchen I hear snoring from the living room. There I see Chase sleeping on the couch with cans of bud light surrounding him. I couldn't help but laugh.

While cooking breakfast I heard that scream I usually hear in the morning from Ruth and suddenly ran upstairs before she could burst the glass. "Mommy's here." I smiled at her, removing her from her crib. She stopped and I gave her, her sippy cup that was beside the crib.

We walked downstairs and I sat her in the play pin in the living room where she played with her toys. I sighed and put my hair behind my ear kicking the couch Chase was deeply sleep on.

"What the heck!?" Chase's reaction made me laugh.

"You need to clean this up." I moved my fingers around the place where he was hibernating.

"Okay... Just a few more minutes." He said and fell back asleep. I kicked the couch again and he sat completely up.

"Clean this up and go to your room." Sometimes I swear I have to treat him like a child. He groaned and picked up all his cans placing them in the trash and walked upstairs.

I cleaned the living room while in the process of also cooking breakfast. When I took Ruth out of her crib she crawled somewhere and I put her toys in the treasure chest placed in the living room closet.

When I was finished the doorbell rang. That's weird because the only crazy person who comes over is Miracle. But she's at work right now.

I open the door and seen someone from a few years ago. The one who cheated on me, and I hated him for it.

"Josh? Wha- What are you doing here?" I slowly laid my eyes on him. He smiled at me. "Your parents told me you stayed down here. And they told me you had a baby. Is that true?" He asked me now with hurt and in his eyes as if he regret doing what he did to me. I looked back in the house at Ruth who was standing herself up at the coffee table.

"Yeah. She's one." I said. He smiled a devilish smile and tried to make his way inside. I followed his move not letting him in. "Can I see her?" He said pointing into the house.

"Why?" I squinted my eyes, my eyebrows in confusion. He chuckled. "Because-"

"No! You are not seeing my baby. So can you please get back in your truck and go back to where ever you came from." I pointed down the road. He laughed and pushed me aside walking into the house.

"If you don't get out right now, I'm calling the police Josh!" I said running to pick up Ruth. This dude has no business here. He paused and all of a sudden looked at us. "She's beautiful. Just like you." He said caressing my cheek. I jerked away and stepped back. That's when Chase walked in. Finally sober.

"Josh what the hell are you doing here?!" He walked over to us, standing between. "Nothing. I just came to visit that's all." He put his hands up in surrender.

Things started to get heavy and so much arguing that Ruth started crying. I ran her upstairs and placed her in her crib giving her, her bottle and ran back downstairs to stop this catastrophe.

It was quiet after Josh's fist made its way into Chase's face. He fell on the ground whimpering and holding his nose. I bent down and he had a broken nose, blood everywhere. Then all of a sudden I wanted to jump on Josh and started beating until somebody had to pull me off. But as a mother I knew I needed to handle this as civil as possible.

The door opened to the front house and in came Nathan and Bradley (if you don't remember that's Miracles boyfriend). They had serious looks on their face covered in dirty clothes and muddy boots.

"Who are you?" Nathan asked walking over to me. I didn't care how dirty he was, still I hugged my baby.

"Whoa... I wasn't expecting this to be a family reunion." Josh chuckled an stood there.

"Every since I met you, you were a coward. Still two and a half years later you haven't changed. When are you ever going to realize that your not welcomed anymore? So just get back in your car and drive back to wherever you came from. Cause your surely not welcomed here!" I yelled. Nathan pulled me back as I held back my tears.

Josh laughed and looked at me like he could see through me. Kept walking towards the door.

"I'm sorry buddy." Josh told Nathan. Nathan narrowed his eyes and looked at Josh. "And why?" Nathan's voice sounded angry. I can tell he was pissed off because the way his cheek bones clutched and his eyes turned a dark brown. Any little thing Josh is about to say I hope he chooses his words right.

"For being a smart guy, yet choosing to be with a dumb bitch like this one." He scoffed and pointed at me.

In one fast motion Nathan somehow jerked him by his shirt and threw him on the ground beating on his face. I stepped back as they hassled on the floor. I knew there was no winning for Josh in this fight. Mess with these country people you'll be in coma of they decide they want you to at least live.

Bradley was struggling to pull Nathan off. He was in full speed not wanting to let go.

"Nathan!" I yelled as I seen Josh's face all bloody. He punched him once again and I looked up at me. Tears were streaming down my eyes slowly. I shook my head not able to get my words out. Finally I found the words to say,

"He's not worth it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So there's the first chapter for you guys.. Hope you like it! It's so much drama in only the first chapter. But as I know.. I and you guys love the story... So stay turn in.. Comment if you love it... And vote if you don't! Always love you guys and let's wait for the next chapter.