Chapter- 10 Revelations

Alkira's pov-

The tension in the air was so thick that I could have cut it with my claws. They were looking at me trying to guess what they heard was true or not. I did not want them to know how much pain this has brought me but I have to tell them this. They deserved to know the whole truth.

"Yes! What he said about my mate is true. He did betray me."

I confirmed with heavy heart. Soft hands rubbed my arm and I leaned in the touch to take the comfort it offered. I basked in the warmth it provided. My eyes shut close slowly as I revealed my bitter past.

"In my family girls are different from boys. We are special. Last girl to be born in our family was my great great grandmother Jenelia and now it is me.

I think you all are familiar with the legend of the healer wolves. They were a group of people with special powers. Jenelia was one of them, their leader to be precise. She could not see anyone in pain. According to her if she could help anyone, could save any soul then she would.

Nobody knows from where they came from and how they worked. They just appeared at the right place at the right time. One day their appearance just stopped. It was like they vanished into thin air. Nobody was able to track their path or note down their families lineage.

But the truth is they were killed. Someone found them, their hidden place and killed them all because they refused to cooperate. Jenelia was kept alive but they did not know that keeping her caged will do them no good. She was a free spirit. And captivity was her doom. She needed her freedom like a flower needs water to blossom. When she was denied of her only necessity, she withered away like a dried flower.

She became free, free from this world. Her essence drenched the surroundings and blessed the unholy place making it sacred. The place where a massacre has taken place a few days ago became a sacred valley, a beautiful valley with black roses. It is said that the roses carry her healing powers. But nobody knows about the place.

This story is kept hidden as our family secret. Not even James knew about it except his parents. We were going to tell him about it on his 21st birthday but never got the chance. My mate too was kept in dark. He was to be told only after the mating process after he took the oath of secrecy. But it never got that far. And I am glad for that.

We females are late bloomer. Where any normal werewolf gets their wolf at 16 we got ours at 18. My mom used to tell me that I am special, even more special than Jenelia. And when I will get my wolf she will tell me how. She told me that not having my wolf will not hinder me to find my mate. I found him after a week I turned 16. He was everything I wanted. He was caring and sweet. He had no problem dealing with the fact that I did not have my wolf. He was patient with me.

It happened a week before my marking ceremony. I was going to surprise him but I was horrified at the prospect of him planning with my uncle to attack our pack. When my mate suggested Uncle Richard to kill me as a part of their deal, my world shifted on a new axis.''

My voice broke as I could not hold down the sob that escaped my lips, still I continued.

"Uncle tried to talk him out of it, telling him that he was making a mistake. He laughed at him and said that I was the mistake. Moon goddess paired him with a wolf less werewolf and he was only rectifying the deed done wrong. He never loved me and could not fathom a life with me. He only used me as his pawn to gain power and raise his status. He will choose his mate when he thinks he needs one and till then he will enjoy his life. I will be dead for good and he will be free.

I left after hearing his harsh words. All the way to the pack house his voice kept echoing in my head. I felt so dirty to be used as a play thing. But I did not lose control over his unfaithfulness. I kept running and reached the house but I was too late. I could not stop it in time and paid heavily for it. When I opened my eyes I found myself surrounded by new people.