Chapter- 27 Bring It On

Special thanks for:
Fox_Matrix
Lowofday
for following me...

This chapter is dedicated to:
faithadair2582
Polly_Anna_Rome_Doll
viperbigdog SkylerSabine

alphagirlR

kavita993
booklover_tmb

Thank you for your constant support. :)

Alkira's p.o.v-

I was trying my best to run to the ground with my two legs. My stupid wolf was still nowhere to be seen. I tried once again but to no avail. Where has she gone to? I need her so badly. Can't she feel my distress? Questions popped up in my mind like popcorn on a hot pan. A snicker escaped my lips. The situation seems to be tense but I go on making funny analogies. What a wonderful sense of humor I got. Since I could still make light of the situation I guessed I would be fine all by myself.

I reached on time as the wolf was still hidden from the girl's view. He was leaning forward putting his weight on his front paws back arched ready to pounce on his prey.

Not when I am here.

I mentally prepped myself and just when he pounced on his prey I swiftly knocked him from the side, hitting hard.

He crashed into the tree head-on. Releasing a cry for help he fell to the ground with a loud thud. His body remained still but I knew he wasn't dead. I had gone all out but I knew that much was not enough to kill him.

His cry of dismay was heard by his group who were likely nearby. A minute later an answering hoot and not howl echoed in the air followed by a rumble. The rumble was made by numerous paws hitting the ground... in sync.

I closed my eyes in concentration and calculated how many they could be. If I was right, which most of the time I am, their number will be around a hundred.

They all will be here soon. I looked at the girl as she kept shivering. She was quivering in fear and not from the cold.

She was shaken by the thought of what might have happened if I had not stepped in. I made my way to her and gently placed my hand on her shoulder hoping that the light touch would not freak her out.

Grasping her shoulder with one hand I held her chin with the other and looked into her frightful eyes. With as much calm I can muster I spoke.

"There are going to be more of them in here very quickly, so hurry up and gather everyone. We need more people. Inform the alpha, tell him we are under attack by rogues."

As I spoke the last word she broke out of whatever trans she was in. She nodded her head vigorously and sprinted to the pack house.

I hope that she knew where she was going or that today will be the last day of my life.

I tried linking alpha Samuel but his walls were up.

Great! now he too was blocking me out, looks like I am on my own.

The rumbling of the earth was getting louder indicating that they were getting near. Any minute they will be out of the woods and in the garden.

I mentally prepared myself for the upcoming battle. I do not know what will happen next but one thing I was sure about was that I can not lose my cool. I have to think of something to stall them. I have to buy time for the reinforcement.

Lost in my thoughts I heard footsteps approaching me from behind. I turned my head and was surprised to see Keith standing there. I was a bit surprised to see him there. Was he following me? If so, then what was the reason? Or he could not sleep and went to the gardens to take a midnight stroll. But this seems a little far-fetched. Or did he see the girl from his window and come to help?

I keep looking at him and he too kept staring at me. I furrowed my brows and he copied me. Next thing I know that he started laughing. Perplexed I felt my ears turn warm a little. I could not continue to look at him so I turned at stared at the forest.

Thank god, my wolf was still a no-show. If she saw this seen she would tease me mercilessly for years to come. Thinking about it I shuddered and diverted my mind to current pressing matters.

"I am sorry for laughing like that but I could not help myself. Your expressions were too funny. And as for why I came here, I was about to fall asleep when I heard the bang of a door and went to look for the source. I saw you running towards here in a hurry and decided to follow you thinking that I might be of some help if there is any trouble. Looks like I arrived in time. I can not allow you to have all the fun for yourself. Let me join you."

I nodded, silently telling that we had each other's back.

Standing side by side we were ready for it. We were ready to face them no matter the consequences.

As soon as wolves emerged from the dark and into the moonlit ground we pounced on them.

The battle was on.

Bring it on.

My Mate's BetrayalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara