12

Hey guys! In honor of 700 followers I'm updating tonight!
*********

"What...is that?!" Eddie shrieked in my arms as he pulled at the collar of my dress. I gulped, as I pulled his little hands away from my collar. "It looks like your hurt!" He exclaimed. After a complete week my bruises were still evident! I healed incredibly slowly to these animals.

Sirus had tried to heal me every day. He had barged into my room every morning to wake me. I had a fit when he suggested we sleep in the same bed. Just for this week due to it being our wedding week. I had passed out from fear and anger. He understood what that meant.

"I'm fine. Stop, Eddie, hush," I said quickly as Chelsea looked at me with a nervous look on her face. I went rigid. I didn't know what happened to her. She hadn't been here for a week. I thought that maybe she had gotten in trouble for the tongue ripping. But here she is.

After what Rowan told me... What she had done to those poor women. Sure, they were evil beasts but they did not deserve their tongues to be ripped out!

"Your majesty." I turned around to see Chelsea said while looking away from me. "May we speak alone?" She asked me. I put Eddie down. Not before he grabbed my cheek and kissed it then hopped off and went screaming down the hall for Rowan.I hadn't seen him in a few days. Ever since our little talk in the hall the day after Sirus assaulted I had seen less and less of him.

I got up, smiling nervously. "Yes...I...ah sure." Was she going to show me the tongues? Did she have them in a golden box to present to me? Or was she going to tell me her plans of murdering them? Chelsea was so sweet it confused me on how she had done such a vile thing.

We walked into a vacant bedroom. She closed the door and...locked it. I gave her a wary look. What was she going to do to me.

She turned around, looking at me with...with tears in her eyes. "I have done something...something horrible."

So she feels remorse for ripping their tongues out? That is good! That is great! Maybe we aren't so different after all. At least she has remorse for the things she's done. "It is normal to feel remorseful about hurting someone," I told her as her eyes widened. Tears began to spill from her eyes.

"You know?"

I nodded. "Rowan told me."

She gasped. "He knows! Oh...no! Did he sound angry...mad? What did he say?" She asked, panic fleeting all over her face. I suddenly realized we might not be speaking about the same things.

"Chelsea...what are you talking about? I'm talking about the maids that you have...have hurt."

That seemed to upset her even more. More tears began to fall. "N-no. That is not what I am talking about. I-I have done something worse then that."

My heart skipped a beat. She had to have killed someone! The thought of sweet Chelsea killing someone...I just couldn't fathom it! "Chelsea....what did you do?"

She sighed shakily, her hands going to her face. Nervous habits popping up everywhere. Whatever she had to tell me...obviously were hard to do so. It made me a bit on edge too. "Well...you are the one person I am telling this so...I am-"

She was cutt off by a large slamming noise. We both jumped as we looked towards the door. It was Fiona. She was the picture of beauty. She looked me up and down....a frown on pretty features. "What are you doing here?"

"Speaking with a friend," I said curtly as she looked Chelsea up and down before scoffing. "What are you doing here?" I asked her, watching her seeming to sniff me.

She twirled her dark hair between fingers. "You mean a servant, don't you? And aren't you supposed to be with my brother? Tell me, do you enjoy breaking every tradition known to my nation? Did my brother approve of you leaving your chambers?"

I thought of trying to be nice to her...but I could tell it would not matter. If I was nice or mean she would still treat me as a snake. "Did you enjoy the slaughter of my people?" I retorted, watching her eyes begin to glow. "If you animals hadn't of came into our territory and invaded our lands. Killing most of my people, I would not be here right now! So, instead of being angry with me for being here and being a human be angry at whoever gave the orders to invade my kingdom and the castle!"

She smiled, brushing a hand through her hair. "Your anger makes me happy. My brothers' does not. This is the last warning I will give you before my animal comes out and takes something you really love away from you. Play nice with my brother, or you might not have one."

My stomach churned. I felt sick. She has just threatened me with Eddie's life. She then looked at me and turned around. Leaving the room. I wasn't thinking right. I couldn't possibly be thinking rational at what I did next.

I noted Rowan and Sirus were down the hallway. I could hear Eddie's laughter. He must have been in his room. There was a guard next to me...I quickly grabbed his sword, and he shouted, "my queen!"

Everyone turned around. Sirus looked confused, Rowan looked worried, and Fiona looked shocked as I pressed the blade to my neck. "Esmeralda, what is the meaning of this?!" He shouted at me.

"Your sister threatened Eddie's life! If he dies, I will kill my self. He is the only good thing in my life! Without him I have no reason to live. I have no reason to breathe. You all will be out of a Queen and from what I understand you only get one chance at this mate bond, so I challenge you Fiona. You kill Eddie and I will gladly join my parents where no animal has ever had the slightest chance of going!"

No one moved a muscle. There was blood dripping from my neck. From the small slice I made. It hurt, but I did not care. I had to keep Eddie safe from these animals. "Eddie will not be harmed by anyone, Esmerelda. If a hair on his head is even messed with, the perpetrator will answer to me. Put the sword down."

I dropped it onto the floor and it made a hard clank. The guard picked it up quickly before rushing away. Sirus looked....furious. Rowan had his hand on the King's shoulder.

"Fiona if you value your life you will get out of my sight this instance!" He sounded like my father when I threw cake in a Duke's face. Embarrassed and furious that someone he trusted so much would do such a thing.

I cleared my throat as Chelsea had seemingly tried to blend in with the wall. Her eyes were cast downward and Rowan was staring at her intensely. "Chelsea, I need your assistance with a task."

I watched Chelsea's grim expression. She looked horrified. "Yes, Lord Rowan."

Rowan was a good man. Why did she look as if he was going to kill or attack her?! "Rowan I'm sorry but I need Chelsea to help me with my...womanly issues."

A look of relief passed Chelsea's face as Rowan nodded his head slowly. "Of course. I will ask for you later, Chelsea. Make sure you have no other obligations before coming to me," he said while he touched her shoulder.

She flinched. "Yes My Lord."

What was going on with these two? I grabbed Chelsea by the hand and we walked all the way up to my room in silence. Once we were in the safety of my room, I closed the door and stared at hers "please explain."

Her pretty face crumpled...and she burst into tears. I had never seen...a beast cry. But Chelsea wasn't a beast. She was a woman. A friend. She looked heartbroken. I wrapped an arm around her as she sobbed. "Please...tell me what happened," I said while my blood was boiling. Thinking of what in the heavens Rowan could have done to her.

"Did...Rowan force himself on you?" I asked just above a whisper. She went rigid. Did this run in the family?! Were they all heartless bastards?!

"N...no."

"Then...why are you so upset?"

"I...I don't know!" She sobbed as I sighed. Okay. She was acting like me when I was upset. I could not fathom to explain. I just needed comfort. So I would give Chelsea comfort...until she got herself together. Then I needed answers. I could not have the only person on my side sad.

********
How did you guys like this chapter?
Please vote and comment guys!