nueve // date night

To say that cooking is a handful of stress to add to your already full list of things that stress you is a serious understatement. Cooking was never something I enjoyed doing. Or ever did, for that matter.

"Where's the cookbook?" Valerie rummaged through the whole kitchen to look for it.

"On the couch, I think," I replied, still focused on preparing the ingredients for the cookings.

"This is going to be a disaster. I don't know why I agreed to this," she shook her head and sat on one of the barstools.

"Because you like Álvaro, and I really like Paulo," I teased and grinned at my own words. We all had arranged a double date, and the guys were coming to our house. We were going to cook and have a Disney movie marathon.

"Whatever," judging by the way she spoke, I could tell that Valerie was uninterested in the date.

We finally moved from the kitchen towards the living room, and we were still on the stage of making sure the couch was cozy enough for us all when the doorbell rang loudly. It must have been Paulo and Álvaro.

"I'll go get it," Valerie ran and disappeared, leaving me alone tidying up the throw pillows, and she came back only seconds later with both Paulo and Álvaro.

"Hi there, you seem busy," Paulo smiled and suddenly the room was brighter than ever. He handed me a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of wine. "I don't know what you like, so I bought you the cliché flowers and wine."

"You know I like Sergio Ramos," I joked.

"I do, but I'm not going to bring you a Real Madrid jersey," he scoffed loudly with a disgusted look on his face. He was a culé, of course he would've been disgusted.

"He's my friend, you know? Sergio. I could've called him to ask for a signed jersey," Álvaro chimed in.

"But we hate each other, so why would you do that for me?" I shot back at him rhetorically.

"Exactly," he shot back with a coy smile plastered on his damned face.

I turned my gaze to Paulo once again. "I'm definitely not a flowers kind of girl, but I'll try to keep them alive for as long as I can."

"I'll note that for the next time I'm going to buy you something," Paulo nodded to himself and made a mental note.

I saw that Álvaro also brought some flowers for Valerie. Nicely done, Morata.

"Okay, let's get 'cookin," Paulo clasped his hands together, then he and Álvaro went to the kitchen with Valerie to cook. Valerie and I ended up only watching from the sidelines as Paulo and Álvaro did all the work. They made a fancy pasta dish for all of us, and they also made a simple dessert.

After an hour and a half of cooking the fancy pasta dish, they set everything up on the dining table and we all started eating.

"Oh my God, this is a masterpiece," Valerie said with a mouthful and her fork still in her hand.

I tasted the pasta, and they way it softened on my tongue was delightful. "Dios mío, I didn't know you two can cook."

"I can't. All I did was prepare the pasta," Álvaro said with honesty.

"I basically did all the magic," Paulo chuckled and side glanced at Álvaro, who also chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, no surprise there," I bickered, and to my surprise, Álvaro didn't bicker back. All I got was a glare from my sister.

After we finished eating, Álvaro and Valerie agreed to do the dishes. Weird, right? Paulo and I decided to leave them alone in the kitchen to give them some 'quality time' while we went to the balcony to have some of our own.

"You know, what I love about Turin is the lights. Also, the peace and quiet at night, and the sunshine and happiness during the day," he said, his green orbs glowing intensely under the moonlight. 

"What I love about Turin is that it's a small city, and I feel like I know everyone here, even though I don't," I said, admiring the beautiful city below us. "The most important thing is, I feel at home."

"So, tell me. What is your thing? You said you hate flowers, so what do you like?" He turned to face me and his eyes killed me instantly. 

Drugs. Pills. Alcohol. "Cupcakes," I said instead. "I love cupcakes," and drugs, and pills, and alcohol.

Paulo grinned at my answer. "Favourite flavour?" 

Heroin. "Anything except vanilla."

"I'll keep that in mind," he let out a small chuckle, and I did too.

His eyes were truly the eyes of a killer. I got so lost in them and before I knew it, our faces were only inches away from each other. I froze on the spot and my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest and run away from my body. My lips slightly parted, until his touched mine. We moved in sync, along with his hands snaking around my waist and mine caressing his hair. I felt a rush of happiness and excitement all over me. 

When we parted, we didn't say a word. There was no need to say anything because our eyes and the smiles on our faces had done all the talking. 

We spent the rest of the night cuddling on the couch and singing along to Disney songs with Álvaro and Valerie sitting casually next to each other. 

"I really like you, Isabella," I remember Paulo murmuring that into my hair.

I also remember my reply to what he said. "The feeling's mutual."