Hayden Mackay and the Forgotten Kingdom

Author: jyothi89

I'd like to start off with points for originality. This book is extremely creative from beginning to end. I've honestly never read anything like it, at least not exactly.

The main character is immediately relatable, something I appreciate. His feelings of being lost and confused, though way more dramatic than the everyday teenager, allows young adults to identify with him. Hayden is alone and needs help but has something asked of him  instead of the other way around and that's something many teens will go through to some extent. That state of needing guidance but not finding much support is very relatable and understandable.

The supporting roles each have very distinct personalities. Tyrell being one of my personal favorites. His attitude and spirit contradict Hayden's quiet and scared mentality in the beginning of the book making their interactions extremely entertaining!

As far as the story goes, there are a few parts where I was confused. I recommend letting the readers know by making a note in the beginning of the chapter who's point of view the chapter is written in. I believe you switch back and forth with that and/or with varying time frames or flashbacks. Making a note of those things in the beginning makes it much easier to follow.

With that being said, as I mentioned the book is very creative and original. The chapters are a good length. Not scrolling for hours but more than a page or two so that's fantastic and it doesn't move slowly when you read. At least not for me.

If you like adventures and mystery and all things fiction definitely give this a try!