Chapter One| Lesson One: The Français Alphabet

Like any other language, the alphabet is what most people learn first when learning a language. Well unless you grew up with the language, but that's an entirely different case. I also listed some English words with French pronunciations in them to help you if you get suck. If you're confused on how to say them there is an informative video after the list. The pronunciations are listed below
•Le Français Alphabet•
A (ah)
B (beh)
C (seh)
D (deh)
E (ugh)
F (eff)
G (jeh)
H (ash)
I (ee)
J (jee)
K (kah)
L (ell)
M (emm)
N (enn)
O (oh)
P (peh)
Q (ku)
R (air)
S (ess)
T (teh)
U (u)
V (veh)
W (doobler veh)
X (eeks)
Y (ee-greck)
Z (zed)
  •English Words using French pronunciation•
A | Apricot                   G | Gerald
B | Baby                       H | Hashtag
C | Set                           I | Enormous
D | Day                       K | Cat
E | Uh?                       P | Page

The alphabet is the easiest, but most challenging thing for people to remember. Once you remember how to say it you can spell out your name, spell street names, and basically learn how to say French words without having to listen to the pronunciation online. I suggest singing it in the normal way, but replacing the English pronunciation with the French one once learning the way to speak it. I also suggest practice spelling your name in French. Once you got the hang of things please practice the exercises I have prepared for you.

Here are some tips to saying the French alphabet.
• Letters F, L, M, N, O, S, T, and Z (depending on the location) are pronounced the same way in English as in French.
• The way you would said the French R (air) is simply opening your mouth wide while somewhat closing your throat. Once that is done, pushing air out of your throat while saying the word air. The movement is the same as when you're clearing your throat, gargling water with your throat, or even when we say ugh very hardly. The R in the "air" sound should be the hardest of the word, while the A and I should be more softer.
Practice saying the French R over and over again while a pencil is held with the back of your mouth, the point where your lips end. The pencil should have the lead and easer on either side of your mouth. You should only do this if you can't get the French R by yourself. Please be careful, but this can be very straining on the throat.

Exercise one: Parler
Directions: You're friend, Amabella, has contacted you for a surprised interview for an experiment for school. She wants to see how many people can speak in different languages while still spelling words in English. Speak the correct French pronunciation of the English spelling for each question Amabella will ask.

1.) Example: What is your full name?
              Kain. Kah-ah-ee-enn.
2.) What street you are certainly living on?
3.) What continent you are living on?
4.) What country you are living in?
5.) What is your favorite food?
6.) What sports are you in?
7.) What is your favorite television show?
8.) Where do (did) you go to school?
9.) What is your mother's name?
10.) What is your father's name?

Exercise two: Parler
Directions: Spell the giving word or words in the correct French pronunciation.
1.) Law and order
2.) Party
3.) Absolutely
4.) Generations
5.) King of Kingdoms
6.) October
7.) Safety Dance
8.) Zero is my Hero
9.) Necessary
10.) Secret railroads

  Since this was a simple lesson, I didn't have any French words teach you pertaining to this lesson. I will however leave you with some words that have the French R in it because that's often the most difficult letter in my opinion. Hope you have fun practicing, and best of luck on your French journey! Bye!

Réparera  /reh-pa-row-ha/ = will repair
Crayon = Pencil (pronounced the same way in English, but add the French R in there.)
Arrivera  /ah-we-vrah-ah/ = will arrive

)Arrivera  /ah-we-vrah-ah/ = will arrive