Chapter 4

guess who made their way into the story!

"Will you shut up?!?" Red hood hissed at M'gann and he stuffed another mouthful of popcorn past his lips. "I swear, you brats don't stop screaming."

There were tears streaming down her face and a hand covered her mouth out of horror. Lagaan had a "protective" arm around her, but at this point he looked just as sick as she did. Very few other members of the team had stuck around, most of them leaving after the first five minutes of gore. Turns out, they're not as strong as they claimed.

Who knew a movie could be such a turn-off?

Especially this one. It was one of Jason's favorite bat-family specials. And Bat-family specials are basically summed up to: one of those times Jason and the rest were bored enough to take a camera on a mission. And it was Epic.

Jason winced as another one of the team members let out a piercing scream. Jeez—that part wasn't even scary. That was supposed to be funny. Seriously, a guy running away with no arms? Hilarious. He looks like a waddling chicken. He could even hear Nightwing say some half-assed remark about it behind camera before he knocks the dude out. (And then Jason killed the man, but that was later and off-camera so no one gets to see his epicness.) Sadly, Jason couldn't find the decency to laugh with his brothers. Not when his ears were practically falling off because some sidekicks can't keep their panties dry--!

"Are you sure it's okay to let the... younger members of the team watch this?" Artemis glanced at Tim nervously. She had joined them after she heard who was at the cave. Didn't really believe the news at first, so she wanted to come check it out herself. Now she was leaning on the back of the couch, watching over M'gann and Jason's shoulder (Jason can't stand sitting next to M'gann because he's pretty sure her panties really aren't dry--) and her face looked a little green, but she was pretty strong. Jason still couldn't believe that she was with Kid B****.

She totally deserved Kaldur. (Dammit, mini Dick!)

"Don't worry," Jason whispered. "Wally already left."

She snorted at this and—yep. Jason definitely liked her. She had fire in her. Kind of reminded him of Steph. Except, ya'know, less girly. Not that Steph was girly in the first place (and Jason had mental image of seeing them both as princesses but that just gave him a headache and a real need to invent mind bleach) so he left it at that.

He heard another screech (this time at a guy with no eyes, like really? Ever heard of Deathstroke before, sweetheart?) and Jason Really couldn't take it anymore. So he pushed her off the couch. That managed to snap Lagaan out of his what-the-hell-am-I-watching trance.

Of course it did.

"What is your problem?" Lagaan snapped.

"Your face," was what Jason answered. And it was Hilarious to watch Lagaan's reaction to the most babyish answer in the world. His face got all red (oh, that so does not complement his skin color, Jason could imagine Steph say) and his eyes widened in shock. His fists bundled up and shook.

"Excuse me?" He said, his voice attempting to stay calm.

"Oh, wait," Jason said, and ate another handful of popcorn. "I said the wrong annoyance."

He then proceeded to flick kernels at M'gaan's shocked form on the floor. Oh, Lagaan was so gonna punch him for this. Or try to.

Then it came. The fist was a blur, but Jason would have caught it no matter how fast it was going. The only reason he didn't was because another hand popped out of nowhere, catching the fist for him. He recognized the glove, so he really didn't bother giving a reaction.