Chapter 7

Okay, first its due to ALey_x that I updated. You know what comment that was. I dont know why, but it made my night :)

Second, the opening the beer trick on the counter is something i learned because of glass cola bottles, where you put the ledge of the counter right under the cap and hit the top with your hand so it pops open. I did it to my dads drink at a family party once because we couldn't find the opener and I will forever regret it because now everyone accuses me of drinking behind my parents back.

Third, this is long, Thank you for still being here-- I still get comments on this after all these years and it makes me so happy. I will try my best to continue, but I'm almost twenty and I really don't know if ill hit this sense of humor the way I used to. But I hope ya'll enjoy anyway! 

[direct cont from last chap, so you might wanna read that first]

Tim rolled his eyes. "I spend plenty of time at home." He crossed his arms.

Stephanie groaned, sliding back down to the floor and walking right up to Tim. "But you're always on the computer." She smushed his cheeks, "I need attention!!!"

"He's just working hard, spoiler," Dick sighed. He traded Terry for the beer in Jason's hand and opened it on the counter, but just held it in his hands. A pout graced his features-- and Artemis be damned but it was cute. "And work is more important than us."

"Dick, thas na true," Tim groaned, but Stephanie's grip proved stronger than Tim and he mumbled the words through the fish shape Steph was forcing his lips into. "I jus don wan pepol a die."

Jason took the beer back, intensifying Dick's pout. "Well, Ohana means family, and family means fuck everyone else so we'll leave the team to Dami, yeah?"

There was a crash somewhere in the distance, and something that sounded notably like a cry for help. Artemis was sure those were suspicious and possibly demon-like sounds, but the only one who had any reaction was Tim who could do nothing more than stare at the doorway with large eyes since Stephanie's smushing has only grown stronger. Steph turned to Jason in nothing short of shocked offence, Tim's head being pulled with her.

"That is the one quote you don't mess up Jason! They are sacred holy words and you are blasphemizing them!!!"

Tim's sounds of distress and frantic pointing were lost to everyone but Artemis because of the bickering. Artemis was tempted to continue to listen to the conversation, too, but she really likes her team, and while the batfamily was entertaining and refreshingly hard-headed, she had higher moral grounds than allowing her team to be brutally murdered by a turtle-eating demon baby.

As much as she knew she wanted to face this alone and leave this family here, she knew she needed backup. She may have learned to live Gotham crazy, but that was day to day, gang and school Gotham crazy. This family was on another playing ground. She grabbed dick's hand and dragged him out of the room.

============================

PAGE BREAK ANNOUNCEMENT I ADDED AN OLD CHAPTER I SOMEHOW SKIPPED ITS LABELED "THE REAL CHAPTER 6"

=============================

"Damian! "

Dick's squeal was nothing short of a mother's, and he ran to hug the boy with such excitement and energy that Artemis felt second hand rejection when the boy elbowed Dick in the stomach and sent him to the floor on his knees. 

"I've warned you before," The boy sneered-- actually, legitimately sneered, "I will not succumb to such immature acts of affection. You are my brother, act with the dignity of an Ibn al Xu'ffasch."