Part 9

Dimitri's POV

I've stared at a sleeping Matthew for the past hour. He smiled in his sleep almost as if he knew I was looking but couldn't open his eyes.

After I had opened the envelope and read the positive results, I had crumbled down. I had walked towards Rose who was sitting on a swing with Matty on her lap and I fell to my knees. I hugged them both so hard that Matty started fussing over it.

Rose, the woman I love, had been granted me my biggest wish, becoming a father.

In the Dhampir world, only women get to carry on the family name and men end it. Now, I had not only been able to pass it on but also add another boy. So far it has been Paul and I only.

I've been thinking of what to do now that I've found them. Tasha had been calling Jeanie and I for the past few days, leaving messages, asking where we were and if we found them.

But I made a promise to Rose yesterday and I was going to stay true to it. I love them both with all my heart and I wanted to spend my life with them. I've consider on going on the run as well. Disappear from the Moroi world.

Stay here with Rose and Matty, she had a pretty good life here and I could adjust.

If she let me of course. We still hadn't talk about where we stand. I've been sleeping in Matty's room and Rose hadn't ask me otherwise.

The weekend and yesterday had been all about getting to know Matty and playing with him.

A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts. I turn to the sound of the door being open and see Rose walking in.

"Good morning Comrade." Oh that nickname. It does magic within me.

"Good morning Roza." I say as my eyes roam her body and take her beauty in. She has her hair pulled back in a bun and is wearing her police uniform.

"I have to go back to work..." She hesitated. Maybe she was trying to let me know that it was time for me to go back too. Maybe she didn't want me here. "Oh."

"So...um...are you going back to Court?" She asked.

"Well, I have to." But I don't want to.

"Today?"

"I would like to stay a bit longer if you let me?" I said as I admire Matty once again.

"Yes, of course. Do you want me to leave him with you?"

"Could you?"

"Of course. I will let them know at daycare."

She walked towards Matty and gave him a kiss and whispered I love you to his ear, to which he smiled.

"Dimitri?" Rose said as she stood next to me, both admiring the beauty of our son. Our son!

"Yes?"

"Did you..." She closed her eyes but I saw a glimpse of pain right before. "Did you had kids...with Tasha...after all?"

Oh! She thought I was with Tasha!

"No! I have never been involved with Tasha." I turned to her and cupped her face..

"I only left because she blackmailed me. She treated to tell about us if I didn't became her guardian."

She opened her eyes and now they were filled with anger. "Why didn't you tell me!?"

"Rose, forget about that. I am here now and...and I don't want to leave you again or Matty." I tried to calm her down. I didn't want to get off topic. I wanted to let her know that I still loved her.

"Do you still have feelings for me?" She asked as she tried to calm down.

"Rose. I love you."

*Hey guys! ☺ Here is another part of the story, I really hope you all like it! Don't forget to comment and vote! ☺ Also, could you all please check out my other stories? One is one-shots and I would like to know what you all think and maybe add more. ☺*

Running from the Impossible ( A Vampire Academy - Short Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें