Four

Light sat in his class, about to take the final exam and thinking, 'I wish Father would let me work on the case like he said. He wouldn't let me at all after that one time and I've been avoiding asking so he didn't get mad at me. I think it has something to do with L. Ah, L. I wonder who he really is. I wonder what he looks like, or perhaps what his real name could be. I kind of want to know him. When I asked Father about him, he said he was extremely smart. I wonder why I keep thinking about this mysterious L. Hm…' He was snapped out of his thoughts when the teacher walked up to the students.

"Student 156, please sit normally," the teacher instructed, causing Light to discreetly look back at the other students. Sure enough, a few rows down, there was a black-haired male sitting with his legs to his chest and feet on the desk that, for a brief second, Light made eye contact with.

It was time for the graduation, when there was announcement. "There were two students with perfect scores, so there will be two speakers: Yagami Light and Ryuga Hideki." The crowd were talking about this as Light looked back and saw another person join him on the stage. It was the black-haired boy from earlier, and well, if Light said he didn't think the boy was attractive, he'd be a liar. But, he couldn't think like that; he had a girlfriend, Misa.

The other boy, Hideki Ryuga– which was the name of this pop star, Light noted– walked up behind Light and it made Light feel a bit uneasy. He knew something was strange here.

Ryuga leaned close to Light's ear, Ryuga's warm breath fanning over Light's neck, sending shivers down his spine. Light felt a bit uncomfortable. There was something about this boy that made Light feel… suspicious.

Then Ryuga whispered in Light's ear, "I am L." And something in Light told him that this boy– this young man, wasn't lying. 'But why is he here…?' Light wondered. 'He couldn't possibly think… that I'm… Kira… could he?'

The black-haired male walked past the brunette and up to the microphone, waiting for Light to follow.

A few days passed and Light was about to go to university in a few more days, but he kept thinking about Ryuga… No, L. He was thinking about L.

He barely got to speak to him, but apparently L wanted Light to work on the Kira case with the others and Light was happy to accept. They talked for a bit and Light hadn't seen L since. He'd asked his father if that was really L and Soichiro said yes.

He was just about to leave to head to the headquarters– L had given him the address– when Sayu shouted from the kitchen.

"Nii-san, Misa-Misa is on the phone!"

This made Light sigh. Sure, Misa was his girlfriend, but… he couldn't find it in him to love her. Yeah, she was beautiful, and sweet, and despite the fact that she could be an airhead and a bit annoying sometimes, Light didn't mind her. He thought that he'd love her over time, but it never happened. Yeah, he told her he loved her, but it wasn't true. He honestly wasn't attracted to her. In all actuality, the only one he'd really found attractive was–

No. He couldn't possibly… be gay… could he…? Well, it'd make sense; he never really took an interest in girls, or anyone, for that matter. He thought that perhaps he was asexual or aromantic or something, but then as soon as he got a good look at L's features, well… Light found that L was attractive. Sure, Misa was attractive but not to Light.

Light wandered into the kitchen and took the phone from his sister. "Hello?"

"Hi, Light!" Misa gushed, giggling.

"Hello, Misa, what do you need?" Light inquired, sighing a bit.

"Whatcha doing?"

"I'm about to go help my father with the Kira case."

"Ooh, can I help?"

"Uhm, I don't think that's a good id–"

"So I'll come to your house and we'll go together?"

"I–"

"Great! Love you, see you in a bit!" Then she hung up.

Light agitatedly slammed the phone down and then sat down and waited for Misa to show up.

Light and Misa walked together to headquarters, and walked in together as well. The Task Force members were watching over surveillance cameras and saw them walk in.

"W- Who is that?" Matdusa asked, eyebrows furrowed a bit as he stared at Misa.

"That's Light's girlfriend, Misa Amane," the chief answered, looking at the screen Matsuda was looking at and seeing the couple walk into the elevator. "But I don't know what she is doing here."

"She shouldn't come in, she's an outsider–" Ukita tried, but was interrupted by L.

"It's fine, they can come in," he uttered, stacking empty creamer containers (the ones for coffee).

"But L- I mean- Ryuzaki–"

Light and Misa walked into the room, Misa looking bubbly as always and Light looking agitated, but spotting L made his stomach feel odd.

Light walked away from Misa and over to L and Soichiro. "I didn't want her to come, but she insisted," he sighed, glancing back at Misa, who was chatting with Aiwaza, Matsuda, and Mogi already. "L–"

"Please, Light-kun, while you are here, call me Ryuzaki. Don't ask why."

"Okay… Ryuzaki, do you think you could force her to leave?" Light asked, voice low.

"I don't mind her being here as long as no information about the case is leaked by her." L shrugged, stacking more small, empty creamer containers before grabbing his plate of cake.

Light sighed once more and sat down in a chair next to L. He glanced over at the black-haired male, who seemed to be content with eating some cake. Light thought he looked really pretty then, despite how Light denied he himself wasn't queer.

To Light, L was pretty. Even if he sat a bit weirdly, had other quirks, had bags under his eyes from lack of sleep, had messy hair and baggy clothes, Light thought he was extremely pretty and liked those things. Light already knew that L was intelligent and Light found that to be really sexy.

Light was dragged from his thoughts when he noticed L staring at him, and saw that L was about to speak. Light blushed and listened to L's voice.

"…You've been staring at me for the past two miuntes," L stated. "Wait, let me guess, you're probably annoyed that I'm the only one who has cake to eat. Here, have some." He extended his arm a bit to hand Light the plate.

"No, no thank you, it's okay." Light smiled at L and looked off.

L blushed a bit and his stomach felt funny. 'No, I can't let his smile affect me like this. He's a suspect. He could be Kira,' L thought, before looking away as well.

Two updates because i WRITE SO MUCH OF THIS OMG JFCCCCC

anyways

Sorry if i get some stuff wrong I'm running on my memory (which is terrible) I hope that made sense