Summer is Just Beginning

*Sunday June 5th*

Rosie Cavanaugh POV

Horses are my life. They have been for almost my entire life. I got my first horseback riding lesson at age 4. I have been riding and competing in shows for the last 5 years. I'm still in the junior competitions so I haven't competed in any big international competitions yet. I mostly compete in showjumping but I have done the 3 day event competition before with Dressage, Cross Country and Showjumping. 

I recently turned 14 years old and I asked my parents if I could spend a summer at camp on "Heartland Ranch". They said no at first but that was only so they could be surprise me the day I turned 14 when they told me I could go. I didn't know why my parents were telling me no at first but then I found out my dad lost his job as a Rosewood police officer so I figured they said no because money was an issue. My mom is a Lawyer and makes a lot of money but we live in a large house that costs a lot to live in.

 My mom is a Lawyer and makes a lot of money but we live in a large house that costs a lot to live in

We live next door to my mom's sister Melissa and her husband Wren Kingston. My aunt and uncle have a daughter named Bella Kingston who is also 14 and a son named Liam Kingston who is 18. Bella and I are going be in high school once the summer is over. Liam just graduated high school and will be going back to London for University this fall.

Spencer's POV

Rosie was leaving tomorrow for the summer. I'm glad Bella was going with her because I didn't want Rosie to be in a different country, away from us for most of the summer. Parents were supposed to go as well because the first week was orientation. I had already planned a week vacation from work and Toby didn't have to worry about work because Rosewood PD fired him. Toby and I were lying in bed together.

"Toby, I can't go to this parent orientation thing anymore." I said

"Why not Spence?" Toby asked

"They asked me to switch my week off at work." I said even though it was only half true. I told them that I didn't need the time off anymore.

"Let me guess, you are working on some big case that just can't wait a week." Toby said

"Yes, We both know that if I went I would have to work from there and wouldn't be able to do all this parent orientation stuff." I said

"Spence, Will there ever be a time when you don't put work before family?" Toby asked

"Toby, I was a stay at home mom until Rosie started school." I said

"I know but even then you still worked from home and worked for your mom part time." Toby said

"I can't exactly quite my job now that you don't have one." I said