Chapter 2:1

Sorry for the late update?? Hope you enjoy:

Part One

I was sitting at the counter when she ran in and took a seat beside me. "H-hey...Kano."

"Yeah! Hi! It's been at least two months." She was frighteningly happy and I was basically praying for Shu to come back. "How've you been?"

"N-normal?"

"Normal? Sounds like good times. So this is Shu's cafe?" She asked in awe as she looked around. "Kind of dead isn't it?"

"First of all, this is my cafe. Why do people always think it's Shu's?"

"Probably because Shu is older and looks more successful." She smiled.

"Whatever." I muttered bitterly. "But second, this place isn't dead. We're closed."

"Your 'closed sign' says open."

I sighed. "Details."

"Well, alright. I came to ask for a job."

"We aren't hiring." I told her, but she didn't listen. As soon as she saw Shu coming back through the kitchen she jumped up to get his attention.

He smiled at her. "Good morning."

"Hey, I was wondering if you would hire me." She seemed a lot happier now than she did a few months ago. It actually creeped me out a bit.

Shu frowned. "You want us to hire you? Well, we don't really need extra help around here. As you can see it's kind of dead." I put my head down in defeat.

She nodded happily. I felt strongly compelled to smack the happy right out of her, but I dared not hit a girl. Plus, she can see the future so I'd have my ass handed to me on a silver platter. "I don't want to join Twilight." She said, the name I gave the cafe. "I'm here to join Ryme." The name of our little side business.

Shu gave her a blank stare as I continued to drink my tea. "You want to join Ryme?"

"Yeah. I think it'd be fun. Plus, you two only really have about one and a half members." Gesturing to me.

I glared at her. "Hey! I'm not just a half."

"Yeah you are." Her grin was creepy and I almost fell out of my chair as she got closer and closer to my face. She turned back to Shu. "Exactly how helpful is he? He can't keep up with the rest of us."

"What do you mean?" Shu asked, going back to cleaning glasses. I swear that's all he does. "He's helpful."

"Yeah but aren't you worried he's going to get killed or something?" I put my head down until I was resting against the cold counter. "You two are fighting against other ability holders, right? Wouldn't you rather have someone who could see into the future?"

Shu crossed his arms and stared at her. "Yeah, having someone else who can use an ability on the team would be helpful." I was about to retort that, but he was faster than my hesitation. "But we can't pay you anything. We barely make enough as it is with the cafe's lack of attention."

She took a step back, crossing her arms and closing her eyes for dramatic effect. "What you guys need is advertising. Ryme is really popular among the old and new generations. If you two properly advertise your cafe you could have a ton of customers." She leaned forward. "Wouldn't that be better?"

He nodded. "Yeah. Having customers would be great by using Ryme to advertise it, but Hayato doesn't want to do that."

"Huh!?" She exclaimed. "Why the hell not? It would be perfect to get more customers flowing!" She rocked me back and forth and I got nauseous just from that. I quickly pushed away from her.