XXIV

Snoke was correct and Kylo did see his promise through. Kylo did not engage in any conversation with the girl and hardly saw her. When he did, it was briefly - never longer than a few moments and he almost always never spoke a word to her. The separation didn't seem to affect him as much as it did Luna.

Luna was forced to face her pregnancy without him. She told Callia - her closest friend - the situation and she was there for her and performed all the required ultrasounds. But Sibyl, Numa and the other nurses were bound to find out her pregnancy as the months went on and her belly begun to show. Luna did not disclose who the father was with any of them apart from Callia although Sibyl and Numa did suspect who it was.

Luna tried to hide her feelings when she was with others but sometimes when she was alone, she would just cry silently - wishing that her beloved was with her; that they were experiencing this joyous occasion together. But she loved this baby with all her heart and was excited for the joys of motherhood. She had always wanted this. She was unable to do this with Ander and now it was possible. She almost wished that he was here. He always wanted this - to be a dad. Unlike Kylo, who ran away at the thought of the unborn foetus. And that's what hurt Luna the most. That'd he just turned his back on her and his baby like it was nothing. After the months they spent together, connecting and loving one another, he threw it all away.

She looked in the mirror at her now quite large belly. She smiled and rubbed the smooth skin, thankful. These 7 months had been tough and emotionally exhausting but she loved this baby and the support she'd received from those close to her. She knew that even though Kylo didn't want her or this baby anymore she was content and excited for what the future holds for her and her child. She sighed and started to fill in her resignation form which she'd hand in tomorrow.

Name: Luna Nalle (neè; Tillian)
Age: 20
Born: 13 ABY
Homeworld: Naboo
Position: Nurse
Years Worked: 2 ½ years
Reason for resignation: Pregnancy

She rubbed her stomach again, this time feeling a small kick, she smiled and then signed the form, dated it and went to bed.

~*~*~*~

Kylo was ruthless as he trained harder than he ever had. He swung his saber around faster and more swiftly. He was excelling in his training and Supreme Leader Snoke had told him that he had never been closer to finishing his journey to the dark side than he was now. And that made him very happy. He was finally close to achieving the one thing he has always wanted. He knew his grandfather would be proud of him.

The blast doors opened suddenly and startled Kylo out of his raptures, his reflexes immediately went into attack mode but he relaxed slightly when he saw it was only General Hux. He lowered his saber as Hux raised an eyebrow pointedly at him and walked into the room.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, General?"

"Oh just a small visit to observe your progress which is to be reported back to Supreme Leader Snoke"

"Right." Kylo begun punching a punching bag.

General Hux walked around the room and studied the walls and the pieces of equipment that lined them. There was silence between them for quite some time before Hux spoke up.

"You know, Ren, I do quite like this change you've undertaken over the past months, I thought that girl would interfere with you ambition but you've proven me wrong."

Kylo looked at Hux. "Ok, Armitage. Come off it." He started punching again.

"I'm being perfectly serious, Kylo. I'm glad you saw the Light. Or the dark, I should say."