EPILOGUE

2 ½ years later

Luna ran around the room and grabbed things she thought Jordan might need and stuffed them in a worn rucksack.

"Mom, where am I going?" Jordan asked as he watched Luna out together some of his belongings.

"You're going to stay with Uncle Poe until later okay? Mommy has to get ready for today." Luna said, closing the flap of the rucksack and clipping it shut.

"What's today?" Jordan asked innocently.

"Today Mommy and Daddy and getting married." Luna replied, unable to contain her smile.

"What's married?" Jordan asked.

"Married is when two people who love each other very much, make promises to love each other forever and to be together forever." Luna replied as she bent down to fix Jordan's clothes.

"That's nice. Where's Dad?"

"Daddy is getting ready in another room."

There was a knock on the door and Jordan's little face lit up in excitement.

"Uncle Poe!" He cried and Luna laughed as she moved to open the door, revealing Poe in casual clothes. Jordan ran and hugged Poe's legs and Poe laughed before picking him up.

"Hey buddy! How are you doing, little man." Poe said and poked his chest.

"Good. Mom and Dad are getting married today." Jordan told him.

"I know, isn't that exciting?" Poe asked him.

"Not really." Jordan said, making Luna and Poe laugh.

"Thanks for taking him, Poe. It'll be easier to get ready without him running around." Luna said.

"Anything for my favourite godson." Poe laughed.

Luna smiled before turning to grab the rucksack and handing it to Poe before bidding him and Jordan farewell. She closed the door and let out a breath before running her hands through her hair and moving to pack up the mess of toys. It was then, when she heard a knock at the door and it opened to reveal Leia and Rey. They were smiling, happy to be aprt of this momentous day. Leia was dressed in her most elegant dress, blue with a small cut down the front, fabric flowing to the floor, hair styled to perfection. Rey was dressed more simply, in a plain dress in a light taupe colour with matching sandals. Rey held up a coat hanger with a dark cover over what she assumed was the dress.

"Are you ready to get...ready?" Rey said, slightly puzzled about the sentence.

Luna laughed. "Yes!"

"I'm going to do your hair and Rey is just here for moral support." Leia said.

"Hey! Who was the one who made the dress?!" Rey exclaimed.

They all laughed before they all sprang into action. Leia pushed Luna into the shower before she set up her things whilst Rey made sure the dress wasn't creased. As soon as Luna was done, Leia begun styling her hair. Luna said she wanted the braid over her head, like Leia wore it usually. Rey observed as Leia ran her fingers through Luna's hair and braided it, offering pins and ties when needed. It wasn't long before Leia was done and it was Rey's turn to fuss over Luna.

"Now, I really tried to make the dress you wanted so I hope you like it." Rey said before unveiling her work.

Luna's jaw dropped as she laid her eyes upon the dress. It was beautiful. It a simple dress but elegant. It was strapless off the shoulder with a shorter piece of fabric hanging over where her breasts would be which continued all the way around with an elegant trim pattern. The rest of the dress was a simple design that led into a small train.

"I know it's not much but I tried to work with the limited fabric we have lying around." Rey tried to defend her work but it was not needed, for Luna adored it and gushed to Rey about how amazing her textile work was;

"Who knew a Jedi would be able to sew!" Luna laughed.

"Well, living alone means fending for yourself." Rey pondered.

Luna stepped into the dress and Rey helped adjust it so it sat right on her. When she was done, her and Leia stepped back and admired their work as well as Luna's beauty.

"You look amazing. So pretty." Rey complimented.

"My son is not going to believe how beautiful you look." Leia said, tears swelling in her eyes.

Luna laughed and thanked them for their kind words and their remarkable work.

"Well, I guess we should be going, the ceremony begins soon right?" Luna asked.

"Yes! Let's go, your Ben is waiting for you." Leia said and led the two girls out of the small bungalow house in which Ben and Luna lived.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Luna was shaking with nerves as she waited behind the corner for her cue to begin walking. She would walking alone and she was praying she wouldn't embarrass herself. She could here the chatter of her friends and fellow Resistance fighters as well as the squeals of Jordan. She smiled. Suddenly, the chatter died down to a silence and the sweet sound of a pan flute begun to play and Luna knew that was her cue. She took a deep breath before walking forward and turning the corner with her small bunch of flowers. When she turned the corner, her eyes immediately flew to the tall man standing at the end of the isle. Clean shaven and hair trimmed, dressed in black boots, pants and a clean shirt, looking as handsome as ever. She grinned at him and begun to walk down the isle.

Ben was overcome with emotional as he saw Luna walk down the isle. She looked so beautiful that tears begun to form in his eyes. He could not believe he was marrying this woman. He looked at his mother in the first row and she was already crying. Poe was next to her and next him, was his son, sitting down patiently with his hands clasped in his lap; his curly raven coloured hair slicked back and no doubt uncomfortable in his best clothes.

He wished his father was here.

Luna made it to Ben without embarrassing herself and he held her hand tightly as they looked at each other, grinning from ear to ear.

This was the happiest moment of their life.

They went through the motions of the ceremony only half listening, too mesmerised by each other. Finally, it came to end of the ceremony where two words – two very important words – closed their fates.

"I do."

"I do."

And before anyone could tell them too, they embraced, their lips captured in each-others and closer than they thought possible. This passionate kiss encasing every feeling and every moment they've spent together. This was the first day of the rest of their lives.

They pulled away and smiled as people cheered. They laughed and hugged each other.

"I love you, Luna."

"I love you, Ben."

There was a shout and footsteps as Jordan had jumped off his seat and run into both of their legs. Ben and Luna laughed and Ben lifted Jordan up and held him to his hip and the three of them embraced in a Solo family hug.

They pulled away and the three of them laughed. More content than ever. And more than ready to continue their journey together, for the rest of their lives – wherever it may take them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

now it's officially over! i honestly can't believe it like you guys have no idea how emo i am right now. this has been such an incredible journey and i'm so grateful to everyone who made it possible. i love you all.

this fic will NOT have a sequel

bye for now, --lar