FISHES AND BOTTLE TRANSITS

The whirlpool seemed to respond to all the attention it was receiving, as its gurgling got louder

I snapped out of my ponderings as the rabbits abruptly seized my arms once again, and Madame Berrywick produced a vial of murky, cobalt blue liquid and stomped towards me. She unscrewed its cap, trying to tip the dubious bottle of liquid into my lips. I struggled against the shocking strength of the five rabbits holding me back, helplessly kicking my legs about in attempts to free myself, looking like a convulsing jellyfish.

I yelled as the bottle went dangerously close to my mouth. "What the heck are you trying to feed me, you oversized rodents! Get your grubby paws off me!"

"It will be over soon, dearie," Madame Berrywick shoved the liquid down my throat.

It did not taste as bad as I had expected it to. It was a little fizzly like soda, and tastes a bit lemony—was that bacon that I tasted? I felt a little woozy, and my vision was beginning to blur and contort into a psychedelic mess. Holy crap! Did they give me drugs?

Suddenly what felt like mini explosions seemed to be sparking down my throat and into my gut. My brain felt as if it was being poked by a million tiny needles, my vision flashed with violently pulsing light, all my senses left me with the overwhelming sensation and darkness washed over me before I finally felt normal again—or as normal as I could feel after the preposterous series of events I just went through.

My vision finally cleared up and I noticed a change in my surroundings. I was staring at a glass wall. The surface I was sitting on felt cold. What the actual—I was in the glass bottle.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Did I shrink or was it the other way round? As in the bottle—this is too much. Falling down into the depths of craziness was already bad enough. And now I am trapped inside a bottle. Just great.

Still in a flabbergasted mess, I remained seated and stared at the plush blue carpet pressing against the base of the glass bottle. Psychologists said that blue calms the mind. I guess it didn't help in my case.

I yelped in shock as a shadow loomed over the bottle I was in. A furry, grey paw came in sight and closed around the bottle, enveloping me in complete darkness. I was hyperventilating. I had lost the instinct to even scream as I tried to calm my erratic breathing. Vibrations from the bottle coursed through me with every step the giant-giant rabbit took.