Four

image of Curly

Tx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So many questions pop in my head. But how do I know if I'm safe? I mean they all look friendly enough and very attractive now that I think about it. Oh now is not the time brain. After what I've been through I'm not sure I should trust anyone ever again. They are all looking down at me in silence with smiles on their faces. They don't seem to get this awkward silence thing and leave me to think for myself. None of them shift their feet and get impatient, like young kids they wait on my every move.

"What happened to me?" I ask my question to all the boys in the room but I know Peter will be the one to answer by the way they he spoke to me before. Of course I know what happened to me to a point but there was so much that I don't know up until I woke up.

" Well I'm sure you remember everything up until you were knocked out, right? By the time me and Slightly." Gesturing towards the moody looking blond boy, who just nodded in reply. "got to you, you were already out of it. Your leg was already bleeding pretty badly but you were putting up a good fight. Slightly dragged him off and got a few punches in. We picked you up and got you back here as soon as we could, as we weren't sure what was going to happen with your leg...but its fine. Curly said that it was a deep cut but it didn't hit anything that should cause you too much trouble. He patched you up and has been changing the bandage for the last few days. Then all of us have taken turns in keeping watch on you." He looked proud of everything they had done for me. It made me relax a bit to hear that they didn't have the same intentions as the guy but I have to give them time to make sure.

"You said 'got you back here'. Where is here?" Peter sits down on the bed next to Tootles. I expect him to continue answering my questions but my head turns round to the ever smiling, Nibs, as he starts talking.

"Many call it Neverland but we just call it home. But mostly it just known as Neverland, especially by the others." Neverland? I've can't say I've heard of that of that before. To be honest it sounds stupid. It sounds like some cheesy name for a theme park or club.

"Others?" I continue with my questioning. Peter sends a sharp look to Nibs like he said too much but I ignore it.

" I think that is enough of the questions for the moment. I'm sure...I'm sorry I didn't get your name?" A light blush covers his cheeks and one of the boys lets out a small giggle. I kind of want to laugh at his reaction too. Everything about these people seems harmless. I can't put my finger on why.

I smile in spite of myself, something I had not done naturally for a while. All of the guys' eyes lit up at this like they were surprised I could, well it is understandable when they have been seeing me in a coma like state for a couple of days.

"Olivia."

"Olivia?" Peter questions

"Olivia Mathews." I say and some of the boys whisper my last name back as if it were a trophy. There are a lot of things that I need to learn about them. They are different from the boys I'm used to.

"Well I'm sure Olivia is hungry. Let's make something special for her first night, while Curly changes her bandage." At that Curly perks up and looks as if he is about to bolt out of the room.

I don't know what it is about this kid but he just looks like so nervous all the time, like I might eat him. I haven't heard him say a word, unlike the others who all seem to like talking freely. I understand that I may be something that he is not used to but I'm sure he would not like to be on my side of this situation.

Lost BoysOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara