The Beginning (2)

**Jessica**

I told my mom and dad that I got the job at the Anderson company when I got back from the interview.

I ate dinner and then got dressed into some comfy clothes to sleep in . Before I went to sleep I said to myself, " Jess, tomorrow is going to be a big today for you. Don't screw it up and don't be late! "

****The Next Day *****

I got up extra early from my usual time to get ready for work. I got breakfast and arrived two minutes early to work since my boss emailed me last night which I saw this morning what I needed to get him every morning which was a regular coffee with a shot of espresso and a packet of sugar before I arrive to work .

I had the entire elevator to myself so I didn't spill any coffee on anyone. I arrived to my stop which was the top floor of the building .I walked to Mr. Anderson door and knocked before entering. 

"Come in!" I heard in a very angry tone . 

"Does this guy have a bipolar disorder?" I asked my brain.  

"Sir. I have your coffee here," I said. 

"Great. Put it on my desk," He said not looking up from his computer.  

"After that, I want you to organize my cupboards," He said.
I did what I was told and an hour later, I was almost done with one of the cupboards when I couldn't reach one file on the top shelf .

I struggled until I felt a hand next to me and another reaching for the file on the top shelf . I turned around and found it was my boss .
"Miss Hope. You know you could have asked for help," He said.

" I didn't want to disturb you sir ,"I said.

"You were with grunting out of frustration each time you couldn't reach for it," H e said as he sat back down in his chair. 

It took every bone in my body for me to not roll my eyes in front of him because it was only my first day. I moved out of his way and continued with my work.

***Lunch Time ****

I went downstairs to the middle floor and ate lunch on my own. Someone saw me eating lunch alone and came over . 

"Hi. My name is Stacy. I saw you having lunch all by yourself and came over to make a new friend," Stacy said.

"Hi. My name is Jessica. It's nice to met you," I said. 

She was so nice and friendly to me. She's been working here for over a year. She has a dog and fish as pets and she's a Leo.  The more we talked, the more I realized that we have so many things in common. She showed me some of her friends and we became friends as well.

****Back To Work ******

When I came back into my office, I  found my desk covered with stacks of paper work to do. 

"Unbelievable," My brain said in the most disgusted voice ever.  

A voice startled me . I turned around and saw it was boss. 

"Organize these files for me on the right of your desk  and on the left of your desk, fax those files to the list of names on top of them." Mr Anderson said. 

I said in a whisper," Alright.  It's a lot of work ". 

I covered up what I said with a cough and said, "Sure no problem".  

"Of course it is.  Did you think this job was going to be easy? He said and then walked out of my office.   

I felt really embarrassed because I didn't even know he heard what I said before. Talk about awkward. I went behind my desk and started the work my boss gave me. 

By the time  I was done with the work , it was 8:00pm , which meant time to go home. My boss said to report to him everyday when I finish with my work so I did.

I knocked on his door but no answer I decided to go inside and saw people speaking in Spanish which I couldn't understand.
They saw me and I said " I am sorry. I knocked but no one said to come in so I decided to come in instead,". 

" Sorry. I didn't hear you knocking "Mr Anderson said. 

Am I hearing things right? Did he just apologize to me? Am I in heaven because there is no way he would have apologized if he wasn't surrounded by people.  

"You said to report to you at the end of the day but you're busy so tomorrow," I said .
Before I left Xavier, one of Stacy's friends who also happens to be Mr Anderson brother, came up to me and said "Jessica. I didn't know you worked for my little brother,"

"Well I thought you knew since you guys are family," I said.
"He doesn't really tell me those kind of stuff," Xavier said. 

Did I just get a little bit of Anderson family tea? 

Luke cleared his throat which meant that was signal for "Get the hell out of my office". 

"Goodnight," I said and walked out of the office and into the elevators. 

****Home ****

I got home and I was so tried to eat anything. I took a shower and went to  bed . 

" Today was very eventful," I said to myself.

--------
Comment and Vote
Share with your friends 

- starngcgirl