Chapter ♚ 2

RUDE

  ♚  

OH. My. God.

Did he just slam the door on my face? He did, didn't he?

Well, now I know how that really felt like. And good doesn't even cover it.

All my childhood up to my adult life, no one ever did that to me. Ako ang sumasara ng pintuan sa mukha ng tao—but only to those who deserve my wrath. Pero hindi ko iyon ginagawa just for the sake of pushing someone away, especially a guest.

Did he think I deserve this uncivilized treatment?

It's official. Draco DeVilla is an ass! He is an abominable, distasteful, stupid jerk who doesn't have a little bit of trace of nicety in his bone, even in his blood cells. He didn't even have the balls to talk to me like a perfect gentleman. Not even sure if he knows that word.

I wanted to pound my fist heavily onto his grim dark door but I'm not an idiot. I know when I am not wanted. And his door is practically screaming 'Leave me alone!' at me.

Damn!

What do I do now? Should I leave? Or wait until he decides to grace me with his undivided attention?

With one last stern look at the door, I turned around away from it and walked back downstairs. The whole house was so dark, gloomy and obsolete it gives me the creeps. Para bang anumang oras, may susulpot na tao sa harap ko. Or maybe worse than human.

I felt a sudden shiver. Goodness. To live in this house for ten years or even a couple of years is really beyond me.

Hinawi ko kaagad ang napakakapal na kurtina pagkababa ko para silipin ang bintana at nakita kong napakalakas pa rin ng buhos ng ulan. I could see the lightening flashing above the clouds and even against the thick wall of this creepy castle, I could hear the muffled roll of thunder.

Napanguso ako nang makita ko ang pulang Audi ko sa labas. Marshmallow. She looked so lonely and neglected out there in the middle of the storm. Hindi naman siguro liliparin ng hangin ang bubong niya, diba?

"Sorry, Marshmallow. I can't save you there. Just hang on, okay. Mawawala din ang ulan," I mumbled to myself and to the window that was barring me from the raging storm outside.

Napabuntong hininga ako. I should call kuya and tell him there's no use convincing DeVilla. Ni ayaw nga niyang makipag-usap sa'kin. And, didn't he say he knew me? Ganoon ba dapat tratuhin ang isang bisita? Maybe it's his style.

Well, he definitely did a great job putting up a good first impression.

Out of the blue, images of his ebony long hair, his half shadowed face, his sternly shut lips, his smoldering eyes and unwelcoming gaze, broad wide shoulders, taut waist, muscular body and faded jeans tucked inside a cowboy boots flashed inside my head.

I can grudgingly say he had a good-looking—bordering to dangerous—face. And if he could try to soften his features and smile, have his hair cut shorter, maybe I can find him more handsome and likable. But the fact that he owns a terrible attitude and he speaks ugly words still makes him the meanest man in the world aside from my brother Sage. At least, Sage is smiling and a lot more pleasant now that he's married.

But this DeVilla man, he didn't look like his smiling and cheerful sister at all. I can't see any resemblance. Talaga bang kapatid ni Sorcha ang walang modong lalaking iyon? He's plain devil.

How can he be so rude to people? At talagang papaalisin pa niya ako sa ganitong panahon! Did he really expect me to leave and walk out through that angry storm?