Interview with Kimberly J. Brown

Greetings! I'm super excited to share this exclusive post with all of you today! Last week, I had the privilege of interviewing Kimberly J. Brown a.k.a. Marnie Piper from Halloweentown. We discussed what she's been up to recently, she answered questions from fans, and of course, we covered Halloweentown!

In case you've been living under a rock, Kimberly J. Brown starred in the first three Halloweentown films, which were all produced by Disney. The movies follow the life of Marnie Piper, who goes from your average thirteen-year-old girl to a witch who manages to save both the mortal world and Halloweentown with the help of her magical family.

Halloweentown, Halloweentown II: Kalabar's Revenge, and Halloweentown High have become must haves for the fall season and have a built a cult-like following over the past decade and a half. Fans of all ages have enjoyed these films, which are available on iTunes all year long and can often be watched on the Disney channel, especially around Halloween.

At any given time, if you search for the Halloweentown hashtag on Twitter, you'll see hundreds if not thousands of fans watching or discussing the films. It's truly amazing to see so many people and different generations all coming together around these films.

Kimberly J. Brown as well as the other actresses and actors in the Halloweentown films have created a must-experience legacy for every generation!

If you're already a fan, be prepared to fall in love with the series and Kimberly J. Brown even more after reading this interview and if you haven't watched the Halloweentown films yet (Seriously, is that even possible?), get on it! Wait, get on it after you read this interview!

To get things started, I thought we would start with what is currently going on in your life. I see that you are hosting several activities in St. Helens, Oregon next month for the "Spirit of Halloweentown" celebration. What do you all have planned and what can you tell us about the GO GLOWIN?

Kimberly: We're doing two days of events in St. Helens. There's going to be a pumpkin lighting and photo ops (for fans). I have Marnie's costume from the first and second movies, so I plan to wear that during the event. We're going to do some photos in front of the haunted cab and there's also a costume contest where I'll get to be one of the judges, so that will be fun!

I partnered with GO GLOWIN to bring awareness to nighttime safety. We're trying to remind people to be more conscious of their surroundings, especially on Halloween, and to help people be more aware of each other. There's a lot of excitement and energy (on Halloween) and often the focus is elsewhere, but I think it's important to bring awareness back to safety. I love their (GO GLOWIN) products and I think it's going to be really fun to bring another kind of awareness to St. Helen's on Halloween this year. It will be a unique form of magic this year and it will really help kick off the festivities in St. Helen's.

Brief interruption, picture this Kimberly's answers in Marnie Piper's voice. I seriously had to reign in my inner fangirl in order to ask my questions without squealing or freaking out. Okay, my public service announcement is over!

Can you tell me about the films you are developing? What are the genres? Where are the in production and when are they due out?

Kimberly: I have my hands in a couple of different projects right now. I am in the midst of shooting several original comedy skits for my YouTube channel. We have a couple that are sort of in various stages of being written and others that are being filmed.