6 Months Later

It had been half a year since the ambush. Thorne still remembered it clear as day. An army of Prometheans came sprinting over the ridge and all of Thorne's friends were killed. But he moved on with the help of his current partner, Commander Sarah Palmer.

Thorne requested to be in a small fireteam with only his commander, which fell through with Palmer, Roland, Del Rio, and Laskey. Palmer was extatic as well, she could be with him wherever she went. They moved in together on Infinity, then shared a few amazing nights on missions, watching netflix, or just chilling, enjoying eachother's company. Their relationship escalated even farther during a non-military dress party the night before departure for the trip back to Earth. It was classy, no other way of putting it. Gabe showed up dawning a navy blue suit and a white tie on a black shirt, paying homage to his armor during his tenure on Fireteam Majestic. Sarah stunned the entire crew, even Roland, who's projection stood mouth agape next to Laskey. She was wearing a gem encrusted gown, which flowed behind her as she strutted over to Gabe, who was paralyzed by her beauty.

"Care to dance, Commander? Or shall I call you Sarah?" Gabe joked. Sarah gave him a small laugh, then lifted her long skirt, revealing the M6H Magnum pistol strapped to her leg.

"Commander~" She whispered. Gabe's eyes widened farther than they ever had before. She winked then they both erupted into laughter.

He took her hands, swaying left and right to the pre-recorded music. He spun her around and lowered her, making sure to keep a tight grip around her back. Her leg instinctively rose and she gasped.

"I didn't know you could dance, soldier!" Sarah exclaimed. Gabe beamed, happy he could impress. Her smile made him the most joyous man in the room. He stared into her eyes, freaking out Sarah on a low level.

"God, I love you." Gabe whispered. He pulled her onto her feet and kissed her, passionately anyone who was present may add. She looked so surprised, there was even a hint of tears forming in her eyes. She could hear the sincerity in his voice, and she loved him so much as well. Gabe could practically hear her thoughts, as he answered:

"I'm serious. Ever since the ambush, you have been there for me. On those long nights when I needed a shoulder, you were there to wipe away the tears. You had the idea of moving in together so we could see eachother, as well as getting me back into the fight, so I could finish what was started. That night we first moved in with eachother, it was one of my best nights. Jesus, Sarah, a man would be insane to not fall in love with you!"

Tears were streaming slowly now, and she was laughing. She was the happiest at this moment then she had been in the last year. Finally, Gabe wiped away her tear. The relationship had come full circle, and they clamped onto eachother tight, not ever wanting to let go. The moment was cut short by the first clap, then the second, then the third, fourth, fifth. In the heat of confession, the entire room had tuned in. Applause all across the hangar spread like wildfire, and laughter from Gabe and Sarah followed.

"Gabe, oh my god. Words cannot describe what I feel for you! I love you... more than anything! More than being a spartan, more than my rank, you have been my world ever since I met you coming off that Pelican." Sarah exclaimed. She laughed and attached herself to him once more, and Gabe made sure she stayed there. The applause still roared, finally dying when the two separated again. "Come on, Gabe, let's go grab some cheap punch and party all night."

He nodded, beaming. He put his arm around her and escorted eachother to the food bar.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Today, Infinity left Reqruim for Earth. Palmer and Gabe woke up in the same bed the next day, and stayed there until well into the afternoon. When returned to Earth, neither Thorne or Palmer could return home to their original homes (considering they are dust), so they settled the debate and moved in with one another into an apartment in New Philadelphia. They will be there for two years, all the way until Cortana's return. At that point, the UNSC'S power couple will be on the front lines.