Prologue

The night I was born there was a terrible fire that took my mother's life. My father, a humble travelling merchant, watched as cinders and ash rained downed in the night sky. He must have thought God was punishing him for a sin in his past life, taking both his wife and new born babe. When the town's knights found me amid the rubble my father almost died from happiness. Almost.

More than anything else in the world, my father had wanted a daughter, not some smelly boy. So when the knight who had found me handed him this small baby boy he was conflicted. Stories that I've heard about that night say he fell to his knees on the ground with me in his arms and swore an oath. Some say the oath was to never sin again. Others say many conflicting oaths, but no one is certain what it was.

All I know is that my father wanted a daughter so badly that he made me into one. Forcing me to act and dress as a girl my entire childhood, no one in my town knew my secret. Not even my stepmother and two stepsisters.

That was over twenty years ago now, and I finally have a chance to record my story. The story of how I became my true self, Cinderaen Synthim.

A/N:

This is my first time writing a story so please excuse any cheesy events or dialogue. Also, I am not a grammar magician, I make mistakes! Please don't hate on me for any grammatical errors!! Feel free to leave any comments, suggestions, or critiques below, I would love to read and learn from them!

Thank you so much for putting aside the time to read my little story, it means a lot to me!!